Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Can I replace the silver frame/bezel around the screen?

someone dropped my s4 and dented the silver frame/bezel. I was just wondering if I can replace just the silver frame or I'd have to replace the whole glass screen? The glass screen is undamaged but just the silver frame/bezel is. I trade looking at etrade for the part but I guess I didn't really know where to look. If anyone can lead me to it that would be much appreciated

Default Re: Can I replace the silver frame/bezel around the screen?

They have them on eBay don't no how hard it is to change
    Item number
    Or
    Not sure if it's just the middle part need to do mine I've dropped it no end

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

its actually the thin bezel between the thicker middle bezel and the screen...or is it part of the parts you mentioned above?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

its actually the thin bezel between the thicker middle bezel and the screen...or is it part of the parts you mentioned above?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

anyone?

Sorry didn't reply think the one I put is just the middle bit, I know it come when you get new screen had mine replaced about a month ago and it's getting wrecked already I keep dropping it at work, hope someone can help you more

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi, somehow the thin silver bezel between the thicker middle bezel and the screen of my Galaxy S4 is damaged, Can I replace it? How can it be repaired? Please advise.

I dont think you can replace it. its attached with the screen only and if want then you'll need to buy a new screen which is much costly.
    You can go for backcover which covers that part..

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Can I replace the silver frame/bezel around the screen?

Did you mean this part called midframe or this part called LCD supporting frame? If you want to change midframe, it's easy, while if you want to change supporting frame, it's so difficult that may be damage your LCD screen when replace.

Hey, I have the same problem. but then I saw this. (See the link) If he can remove that thin bezel with his nail, i guess it's removable... anyone any advice?
    Broken corner around the display of the Galaxy S4 | SamMobile

I tried to replace just the bezel but I gave up because it's fixed to the screen. It is higly possible to damage the screen if you try to replace just the besel.

I have the same problem I have to replace the front frame that is next to the screen in my Galaxy active s4, is that possible?

Felo did you try? I want to try, but I dont want to damage my screen. Which is your recomendation