live wallpaper for lock screen?

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The only way this works for me is to change the home and lockscreen together. I don't think you can put a live wallpaper on just the lock screen.

Jettaguy2003

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
You're right! I don't think you can do two different live wallpapers anymore on 4.3. If you choose the same one live wallpaper for BOTH - then it does work!

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's something else that may or may not be new with 4.3. Checking out the available wallpapers for the lock screen, I just discovered that there's one called Travel wallpaper. It's a whole category, alongside Gallery and Wallpapers. I have never seen it before. If I select it, I get a message that says, "Display recommended destinations on your lock screen. Receiving travel recommendations via data networks may result in additional charges. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network will not result in additional charges." The last part about additional charges is standard stuff. But I'm puzzled about the "recommended destinations": who is recommending them? Some travel service? Google? I also looked in Application manager, and found a Travel wallpaper app there. There's no indication where it came from (and I can't find it on the Play Store), but it wants a whole lot of permissions that I don't think a wallpaper needs. This all seems a little sketchy and spam-like to me, so I turned it off in Application manager (there's no Uninstall button, so it's apparently installed in the system). Does anybody know what this is and where it comes from?

thesmellofgreen

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's something else that may or may not be new with 4.3. Checking out the available wallpapers for the lock screen, I just discovered that there's one called Travel wallpaper. It's a whole category, alongside Gallery and Wallpapers. I have never seen it before. If I select it, I get a message that says, "Display recommended destinations on your lock screen. Receiving travel recommendations via data networks may result in additional charges. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network will not result in additional charges." The last part about additional charges is standard stuff. But I'm puzzled about the "recommended destinations": who is recommending them? Some travel service? Google? I also looked in Application manager, and found a Travel wallpaper app there. There's no indication where it came from (and I can't find it on the Play Store), but it wants a whole lot of permissions that I don't think a wallpaper needs. This all seems a little sketchy and spam-like to me, so I turned it off in Application manager (there's no Uninstall button, so it's apparently installed in the system). Does anybody know what this is and where it comes from?

Pretty sure your talking about Google service for this. The only place I have seen to turn this off is in google settings. Can't remember if it was google plus but it has something to do with locations and maps etc. On my s5 it memorizes driving routines and gives u alt routes and time to destination. Haven't seen a setting for the lock screen but I'm sure they go hand in hand.