Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Gallery App Data/Storage Waisting Space?

FutureKix

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I've looked all over Google and Android Central but I can't find anything on this topic, so I apologize if this has already been addressed.

I am using the T-Mobile Galaxy S4 with the stock Gallery app. My issue is with the app data in "My Applications". It's using over half a gig in app data! Why? The thumbnails are 243mb and I delete them constantly, and I store my pictures and videos on the SD card. What is the gallery storing that takes up over half a gigabyte?! It's not pictures or thumbnails... I can clear the app data but soon enough it comes back. I just disabled the app before making this post. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from using up that much space? Or do I have to stick to QuickPic now?

Posted via Android Central App

arslan waqar

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same issue with my UAE edition S4 ... at one point my Gallery app was showing 60gb space used! That is just not possible as dont even have that much space in the internal storage...

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem... It's occupying 1.1 GB of data and I always have to delete it now with System Monitor since the Settings one won't clear it up since the update implemented Knox.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12