- 13 Posts
Google Hangouts won't send MMS on GS4
I just updated to the new Hangouts with SMS/MMS integration. SMS sends fine, but MMS won't.
- If I have Wifi on, I get a little LTE symbol when I hit send which shows a data transfer, but the dots keep bouncing and nothing actually sends.
- If I have Wifi off, the LTE symbol still shows a data transfer when I hit send. But the MMS message will literally disappear from the text log after it slides in there after I hit send.
I've tried clearing app data, settings, etc. I had to set special MMS settings for Sliding Messaging before, but obviously can't replicate those with Hangouts, but also uninstalled Sliding Messaging just to double check if that was the problem. Also uninstalled Hangouts completely and reinstalled.
I'm on Fido in Canada (a subset of Rogers). Any ideas?
- 11-07-2013, 08:14 PM #2
- 11-08-2013, 01:24 PM #3
- 11-08-2013, 03:44 PM #4
- 11-08-2013, 03:54 PM #5
- 11-08-2013, 05:04 PM #6
- 11-11-2013, 09:43 AM #7
- 1 Posts
Re: Google Hangouts won't send MMS on GS4
I have the same problem on my Galazy S4. I'm able to send and receive without problems if I turn wifi off or if I'm not connected to a wifi network, but not when I'm connected to my home wifi network. I have JuiceDefender installed and I was wondering if that is doing something to mess things up, but I still have the problems after disabling JuiceDefender.
Last edited by MountainMan5280; 11-11-2013 at 09:59 AM.
- 12-02-2013, 11:36 AM #8
- 12-31-2013, 01:58 PM #9
- By radgatt in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 01-22-2014, 03:04 PM
- By lzelanka in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 5Last Post: 11-13-2013, 07:26 AM
- By Lazius in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-08-2013, 08:23 PM
- By Singar Singer in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2013, 04:56 PM
- By Jesilynk in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2013, 04:08 PM