Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anon5431078
  • 1 Post By xsivone
  • 2 Post By rocksolid77
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues _IMP_

Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues  _IMP_-screenshot_2013-11-09-15-39-01.jpg

Hello everybody,

i was wondering if anyone is also facing any issues with their galaxy s4 after Android 4.3 update.

For me, the only issues I'm facing with this update is that the device heats up for no reason, even if its only charging, and after it heats up, the phone no longer could access the SIM card, leaving me with a message that say's " Restart device - unable to detect your SIM card. your device will restart to check for your sim card." and i would have to turn it off for 15-20 mins for it to heat back down.

anyone facing this problem too?

Android 4.3 - Build number 19500XXUEMMJ9 - INU "India"

If you have android 4.3 working on your Galaxy S4 without any issues, kindly mention the build number and the country it is from to give it a try.

UPDATE: for those who are facing the same issue, after resetting my device and re-installing all the applications, turned out that a certain application was causing this problem and it is the Amazon Store App, i no longer have any issues with the device after uninstalling it.
    makwarro likes this.

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock faux123

Default Re: Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues _IMP_

Quote Originally Posted by Mhmd Harfouche View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-09-15-39-01.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	90860

Hello everybody,

i was wondering if anyone is also facing any issues with their galaxy s4 after Android 4.3 update.

For me, the only issues I'm facing with this update is that the device heats up for no reason, even if its only charging, and after it heats up, the phone no longer could access the SIM card, leaving me with a message that say's " Restart device - unable to detect your SIM card. your device will restart to check for your sim card." and i would have to turn it off for 15-20 mins for it to heat back down.

anyone facing this problem too?

Android 4.3 - Build number 19500XXUEMMJ9 - INU "India"

If you have android 4.3 working on your Galaxy S4 without any issues, kindly mention the build number and the country it is from to give it a try.
    I would not try to use your phone right now. This can do damage to the phone if it's heating up like that. The heat might be damaging the sim card reader
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah, i'm barely using it, just for calls and important things

After updating mine today, battery drain appeared more and apps were force closing.
    I finally decided to try a factory reset.
    Seems to have fixed my issues.
    Pretty upset that Photospere was not in this update.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah i am facing battery drain too, any heating up problems ?!

i wonder why samsung couldn't just push a perfect, flawless update from the first time, every new android version they push is filled with flaws and then they start working on fixing the issues one by one

No heat issues that I noticed.

Posted via Android Central App
    anon5431078 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

which firmware do you have? i mean for which country?

Hi Mhmd,

I have been having this issue as well and it has only increased. I have gotten a new SIM card, I have done a factory reset. I even removed as many extraneous apps that I could find but it still does it. I was wondering how you were able to determine that it was the Amazon Store App? Even last night while I was doing the factory reset it did this.

EDIT: By the way, it's android 4.3 SGH-i337M. I just don't know what to do anymore!

I'm having the same problems and I uninstalled Amazon and it did help but only for two days. Any help?

I haven't been able to confirm it yet but I think I might have a solution. I was going to wait a couple of days before posting but then I figured that I can post and collectively we can get a better sample size of data to come to a conclusion. I had long suspected that this was somehow due to location services as the problem first began for me when I downloaded Find my Friends and Glympse. I tried everything under the sun, factory reset, new roms, disable xposed, adding apps back one by one to find the cluprit (over 400!), paper in the sim tray to improve connection, everything!

The other day I had just freshly restored my phone from a Nandroid backup as I had noticed that when first restoring the phone would seem to remain problem free for a couple of days before I started getting the messages again. Well yesterday I was problem free until about 20 minutes after I first downloaded an application from the playstore following the reset. Then it hit me, all the other times the problem starting popping up again was always right after downloading all the of the application updates that piled up since my last backup. Initially I always thought that one of the application being updated was the problem (thus the adding of them one by one!) but in that moment I also realized that my Playstore app on the backup was the older version and would get updated when I made my first download. The problem must be with either The Play Store or Google Play Services! I used my trusty Rom Toolbox to go check the latest update for play services and, sure enough, play services had been updated maybe 5-10 minutes prior to the problem, probably receiving the prompt when I first tried to download something, or in the original cases, when I started the updates!

The Solution!
    I froze Google Play Services as a test and low and behold, no pop up for over two days! But Google Play services is so engrained in our phones that suddenly my playstore didn't work, maps was acting wonky, and Google Now wasn't playing nice anymore. So I went back to Rom Toolbox and defrosted Play Service but turned off all location based intents, receivers, and services. Since then I'm almost 1 day error free and haven't seen any adverse effects in maps or navigation resulting in the disabled receivers, intents, or services. The answer seems to have something to do with Google Now's Location services which are constantly pinging your location. I haven't seen this fix recommended anywhere (and I've checked!) so hopefully this helps some of you out. I'd love to hear back about your results one way or the other.

Unfortunately for those of you who are not rooted, this fix does require root access and an root application manager that can manipulate receivers and intents. If you are not rooted you can try deleting the data from play services and removing updates. It may help temporarily but you may end up needing to do it regularly. You can also just disable play services all together if you can do with Google Apps.
    Coach88 and Robert Kemper like this.

I have the same problem...I have no idea how to fix it. Looks like I have to buy another phone...

I disabled the Google Location app, now I will see if it works

if none of these step works, try putting pressure against the sim card reader's ribbon which is those two odd looking pieces that is square looking above the sim card reader

Cool Re: Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues _IMP_

Similar solution here. I removed my battery, then when I reinserted the battery I pushed down on the SIM card and the problem seems to have been fixed....I hope !