1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues _IMP_

Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues  _IMP_-screenshot_2013-11-09-15-39-01.jpg

Hello everybody,

i was wondering if anyone is also facing any issues with their galaxy s4 after Android 4.3 update.

For me, the only issues I'm facing with this update is that the device heats up for no reason, even if its only charging, and after it heats up, the phone no longer could access the SIM card, leaving me with a message that say's " Restart device - unable to detect your SIM card. your device will restart to check for your sim card." and i would have to turn it off for 15-20 mins for it to heat back down.

anyone facing this problem too?

Android 4.3 - Build number 19500XXUEMMJ9 - INU "India"

If you have android 4.3 working on your Galaxy S4 without any issues, kindly mention the build number and the country it is from to give it a try.

UPDATE: for those who are facing the same issue, after resetting my device and re-installing all the applications, turned out that a certain application was causing this problem and it is the Amazon Store App, i no longer have any issues with the device after uninstalling it.
    Last edited by Mhmd Harfouche; 12-16-2013 at 08:12 PM.

Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Default Re: Android 4.3 on samsung galaxy s4 issues _IMP_

Quote Originally Posted by Mhmd Harfouche View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-09-15-39-01.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	90860

Hello everybody,

i was wondering if anyone is also facing any issues with their galaxy s4 after Android 4.3 update.

For me, the only issues I'm facing with this update is that the device heats up for no reason, even if its only charging, and after it heats up, the phone no longer could access the SIM card, leaving me with a message that say's " Restart device - unable to detect your SIM card. your device will restart to check for your sim card." and i would have to turn it off for 15-20 mins for it to heat back down.

anyone facing this problem too?

Android 4.3 - Build number 19500XXUEMMJ9 - INU "India"

If you have android 4.3 working on your Galaxy S4 without any issues, kindly mention the build number and the country it is from to give it a try.
    I would not try to use your phone right now. This can do damage to the phone if it's heating up like that. The heat might be damaging the sim card reader
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yeah, i'm barely using it, just for calls and important things

After updating mine today, battery drain appeared more and apps were force closing.
    I finally decided to try a factory reset.
    Seems to have fixed my issues.
    Pretty upset that Photospere was not in this update.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

yeah i am facing battery drain too, any heating up problems ?!

i wonder why samsung couldn't just push a perfect, flawless update from the first time, every new android version they push is filled with flaws and then they start working on fixing the issues one by one

No heat issues that I noticed.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

which firmware do you have? i mean for which country?

Hi Mhmd,

I have been having this issue as well and it has only increased. I have gotten a new SIM card, I have done a factory reset. I even removed as many extraneous apps that I could find but it still does it. I was wondering how you were able to determine that it was the Amazon Store App? Even last night while I was doing the factory reset it did this.

EDIT: By the way, it's android 4.3 SGH-i337M. I just don't know what to do anymore!

I'm having the same problems and I uninstalled Amazon and it did help but only for two days. Any help?