How to set S4 to always open in HDR mode?

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Can't be done if you wish to remain with the phone's OS on stock, unrooted. The camera application is always set to open on Auto mode.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Can't be done if you wish to remain with the phone's OS on stock, unrooted. The camera application is always set to open on Auto mode.

Hey ladyhaly, How do I do it with custom rom rooted or would I need a different camera?

Posted via Android Central App

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey ladyhaly, How do I do it with custom rom rooted or would I need a different camera?

Posted via Android Central App

I'm not sure how since I haven't exactly dived in to using custom ROMs for my phones... But you could head over to XDA and ask the people there. Some of them may be willing to bake a ROM or a stock camera app with the settings you want. I suggest that you read and understand what rooting means and how the process works though ? not on a deep, technical level but of a know-how level since you would need to know that in order to know if the option is even for you, and also to be able to hold an effective conversation towards a solution to your problem.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
and also to be able to hold an effective conversation towards a solution to your problem.
LOL, I'm rooted and custom. Your previous post alluded it may be possible if rooted. Was hoping you had some insight on that, no worries.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the replies. I was hoping for a simple solution. If it requires rooting or installing roms, I will pass.
Thanks again though

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the replies. I was hoping for a simple solution. If it requires rooting or installing roms, I will pass.
Thanks again though

I've looked into it a bit over the last few months and I don't think you can even if you were to root and have a custom rom.
When I was using nova launcher and making widgets on it I noticed, when giving the widget some functions, that some of the other camera modes were listed to select. I never actually tried any to see if you could make shortcuts to open directly to beauty shot for example. I did notice HDR wasn't listed anywhere though.
Now maybe there's a 3rd party camera that can open straight to HDR? Idk. I always wanted 2 things out of the stock camera though, open to HDR and to use a different gallery as default in camera mode.
I'll post back if I ever find out how, but I'm not counting on it.

ladyhaly

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL, I'm rooted and custom. Your previous post alluded it may be possible if rooted. Was hoping you had some insight on that, no worries.

Damn. Sorry. I confused you for OP.

Have you tried tinkering with the main camera app? There has to be a code there somewhere that can be changed or included to open the camera to the mode we want it to. The people who bake their ROMs themselves perhaps know how to do it, since I noticed that if a phone had a known bug, they could squash it with the custom ROM they're making.