Samsung Galaxy S4 - Problem with sim card/network after repair

aaron2195

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking around the internet for days now and still can't find a solution to my problem, so here goes. I recently had my galaxy s4 repaired by a third party repairer, I've had phones repaired by them before and they've been fine. Anyway, the phones working well, except it doesn't read the sim card, I just get a circle with a line through it displayed where the signal strength should be. It also doesn't allow me to search for networks at all. I've tried factory resetting the phone also, several times. The phone detects when a sim card isn't inserted, so it's got me thinking that maybe it isn't the sim card reader, however the sim works fine in other phones. Is it possible something could of been damaged when it was being fixed? I'd really like to know if there's any information for this out there before I go spending more money on the thing.
Thanks,
Aaron.
Screenshot_2013-11-10-09-01-06[1].jpg

K-City

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey Aaaron,

I am having the exact issue you were. I have tried everything, still no joy :(. Were you able to fix it and how?

Karin

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello guys!
Who's your carrier?

I had a similar problem back in July and I got it sorted out but I'm with Sprint.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

cream7379

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the same problem for a month now not being able to make a call or use the Internet. Only if I connect to wifi can I use the Internet. I've tried everything factory reset 2 times still nothing. If you got yours to work please let me know what you did to fix it I would appreciate it a lot. I don't have insurance and samsung said it's out of warranty and I really don't want to get another phone

Mamaz Polutele

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey there

Ive got the same problem as well and i sent mine of to get fixed n it was working fine but when they decided to recheck the phone b4 they send it back and it wasnt working,they reckon it might be a software problem coz i did replace the sim tray n it stil didnt work so i might have to reboot the phone,but if any of use manage to fix your guys phone can u help me out as wel.lol

Thanks

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Either that or the system board isn't reading it seems to be a problem I was talking to a guy a week ago about this and they changed his system board and it worked I blame faulty soldering personally or bad ribbon cables

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Sewajan Afridi

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I've been looking around the internet for days now and still can't find a solution to my problem, so here goes. I recently had my galaxy s4 repaired by a third party repairer, I've had phones repaired by them before and they've been fine. Anyway, the phones working well, except it doesn't read the sim card, I just get a circle with a line through it displayed where the signal strength should be. It also doesn't allow me to search for networks at all. I've tried factory resetting the phone also, several times. The phone detects when a sim card isn't inserted, so it's got me thinking that maybe it isn't the sim card reader, however the sim works fine in other phones. Is it possible something could of been damaged when it was being fixed? I'd really like to know if there's any information for this out there before I go spending more money on the thing.
Thanks,
Aaron.
View attachment 90912

crazyjones

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Same issue am having with my galaxy s4. I've tried everything;factory resetting,battery pulls,efs folder back-up,firmware re-installation,imei repair tools,fixing paper under the simcard and still nothing! This is so frustrating...Was anyone able to find a working solution?

moegoldstein

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hey everyone, I had this issue as well and was about to give up when I came across this checklist to do after a repair. When I pressed the phone cover back on after the screen replacement, I must have loosened a connection. so following the advice of this itemized list to look for if you see that network message after the repair, I was able to solve it by just tightening the external antenna connector. So being the good sport that I am I came back here, created a username a password because I adhere to a strict leave no man behind policy. good luck
-its saying I cannot post links because Im new here so google the blog for broken lcd's + network message and galaxy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae