1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 - Problem with sim card/network after repair

Hey guys, I've been looking around the internet for days now and still can't find a solution to my problem, so here goes. I recently had my galaxy s4 repaired by a third party repairer, I've had phones repaired by them before and they've been fine. Anyway, the phones working well, except it doesn't read the sim card, I just get a circle with a line through it displayed where the signal strength should be. It also doesn't allow me to search for networks at all. I've tried factory resetting the phone also, several times. The phone detects when a sim card isn't inserted, so it's got me thinking that maybe it isn't the sim card reader, however the sim works fine in other phones. Is it possible something could of been damaged when it was being fixed? I'd really like to know if there's any information for this out there before I go spending more money on the thing.
    Thanks,
    Aaron.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Problem with sim card/network after repair-screenshot_2013-11-10-09-01-06-1-.jpg

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Problem with sim card/network after repair

Hey Aaaron,

I am having the exact issue you were. I have tried everything, still no joy . Were you able to fix it and how?

Karin

Global Posts
    4,101 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Hello guys!
    Who's your carrier?

I had a similar problem back in July and I got it sorted out but I'm with Sprint.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

I've been having the same problem for a month now not being able to make a call or use the Internet. Only if I connect to wifi can I use the Internet. I've tried everything factory reset 2 times still nothing. If you got yours to work please let me know what you did to fix it I would appreciate it a lot. I don't have insurance and samsung said it's out of warranty and I really don't want to get another phone

Same problem.... Help

Hey there

Ive got the same problem as well and i sent mine of to get fixed n it was working fine but when they decided to recheck the phone b4 they send it back and it wasnt working,they reckon it might be a software problem coz i did replace the sim tray n it stil didnt work so i might have to reboot the phone,but if any of use manage to fix your guys phone can u help me out as wel.lol

Thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

Either that or the system board isn't reading it seems to be a problem I was talking to a guy a week ago about this and they changed his system board and it worked I blame faulty soldering personally or bad ribbon cables

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aaron2195 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been looking around the internet for days now and still can't find a solution to my problem, so here goes. I recently had my galaxy s4 repaired by a third party repairer, I've had phones repaired by them before and they've been fine. Anyway, the phones working well, except it doesn't read the sim card, I just get a circle with a line through it displayed where the signal strength should be. It also doesn't allow me to search for networks at all. I've tried factory resetting the phone also, several times. The phone detects when a sim card isn't inserted, so it's got me thinking that maybe it isn't the sim card reader, however the sim works fine in other phones. Is it possible something could of been damaged when it was being fixed? I'd really like to know if there's any information for this out there before I go spending more money on the thing.
    Thanks,
    Aaron.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-10-09-01-06[1].jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	90912