Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Assistive Light Does Not Work. Pls help.

Only had my Galaxy S4 for a couple months. Just discovered the Assistive Light Widget. I put it on my home screen as I've been instructed, but it doesn't work. I tap it and nothing happens. Is there some setting elsewhere on the phone that has disabled my light?
    Thank you for any suggestions.

Default Re: Assistive Light Does Not Work. Pls help.

Not sure about your issue, but have you seen the permissions Samsung gave that light? I was amazed at all the permissions that it has. I only saw it because I dragged the widget into "app info" using Nova Launcher. I've not rooted since the HTC Desire but now I'm second thinking.

Posted via Android Central App

Sorry, Can not help have burned out TWO lights in two months. I have always moved the "assistive light" button to the home page. This somehow triggers the failure. The people at the Verizon store just tell me to send it in for warranty replacement. Another example of well trained technicians. BFD

Samsung may have distributed a load of defective phones here in Los Angeles. If someone can tell me how to get a full refund, I'm switching to IPhone.
    destroyer-of-all-things-electronic
    Phone is Galaxy Note 3 (POS).

I couldn't get my LED to work with the assistive light widget or camera flash. I turned my phone off and back on and then the LED worked again with the camera flash and the assistive light.

This was the first time I have turned my phone off since I got it. I've had my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 since March 2014.
    Thanked by 2:

Thanks for the advice. I am on my 3rd phone for this problem and no one at Verizon suggested turning off the phone, which fixed the problem (for now!)

Quote Originally Posted by sas0002 View Post
    I couldn't get my LED to work with the assistive light widget or camera flash. I turned my phone off and back on and then the LED worked again with the camera flash and the assistive light.
    Bingo! You solved my problem. Thanks!