new to the android world...

amw26

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just got a samsung galaxy s4 and its my 1st android (used to have an I phone) and I absolutely love it, 100,000 x better then my old i phone. the only thing that was better on the i phone was the sound. maybe its just me or this phone but its making me question my hearing. its not even the ringtone sound as much as when I plug it in to an aux cord to listen to music. which is a pretty big deal to me. it doesnt get loud at all. I found a couple apps that help with making the phone itself louder but nothing about aux cord. I havent tried too many yet, I figured I'd ask u all 1st to c if anyone knows of one before I went downloading and deleting a bunch of apps to find a good one. any suggestions?!?! plz n thank u

Posted via Android Central App

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have no problem with the sound on my S4
The application i love to use is power amp, you can use an EQ or tone or both to change the sound.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just got a samsung galaxy s4 and its my 1st android (used to have an I phone) and I absolutely love it, 100,000 x better then my old i phone. the only thing that was better on the i phone was the sound. maybe its just me or this phone but its making me question my hearing. its not even the ringtone sound as much as when I plug it in to an aux cord to listen to music. which is a pretty big deal to me. it doesnt get loud at all. I found a couple apps that help with making the phone itself louder but nothing about aux cord. I havent tried too many yet, I figured I'd ask u all 1st to c if anyone knows of one before I went downloading and deleting a bunch of apps to find a good one. any suggestions?!?! plz n thank u

The sound/volume level on my S4 is just fine...so you may want to rule out some stuff...

1. If you use headphones, is the audio level just as bad?
2. Have you tried using a different AUX cord?
3. Have you tried listening to songs from various sources, with same results?

You want to be able to rule out that it is not an issue with the phone itself or the audio jack hardware. If you answered "yes" to all 3 of these questions, then it probably is a an issue with your device. If, for example, headphones and other AUX cables work fine, then it's probably an issue with the cable you're using.

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't have any problems with my S4... While the quality isn't quite up to par with something like the HTC One, it's not much different than my old iPhones.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If your phone is rooted though you can take advantage of the Viper4android sound mod/apk. This thing is a complete game changer for me and it makes setting up sound profiles just as fun as theming my homescreens. Pretty sure this thing was created using magick.
You can boost the loudness pretty drastically without overloading it and while the ext speaker will still be limited in bass and lushness, it's definitely not the case through headphones. Pretty amazing stuff.
I used to have my volume slider pretty much maxed out all the time, now it usually floats around the 50% mark.
If your rooted check it out, be aware you have to set up sound profiles first but there are forums to help you find some base settings to get you started.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc