YouTube doesn't work on WiFi with 4.3 update

Nickolas P1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

My S4 is on Sprint, and I just recently got the notification to update to 4.3. After installing the update, I've noticed that I cannot use the YouTube app on WiFi anymore. I keep getting an error that says "Connection to server lost" "Touch to retry". No matter how many times I tap to refresh, the same error immediately pops back up. When I disable WiFi and play any video on 3G or 4G, the video loads fine. This is really irritating because my WiFi connection is usually better in the places I use my phone the most, and I use the YouTube app all the time. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Thanks so much for your help!

Manoj Thomas

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my Sprint S4 too.
Same with all streaming videos, not just Youtube.
Still have my unlimited plan, so it is ok for the time being.
Looks like Verizon S4 guys reported it too..

Nickolas P1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your input. Do you have a link to the Verizon S4 guys reporting this same issue? Maybe someone has replied to them with some sort of fix.

Nickolas P1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I've tried powering down/on the phone, resetting the phone, updating/uninstalling/reinstalling the YouTube app, all with no success.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to add that when I use two different YouTube apps, YouTube KeepAlive, and You2Load, I get similar problems. With these two apps on WiFi, the videos just sit perpetually loading with the loading indicators spinning and they never load the video. When I load any video with either of these two apps on 3G or 4G, which were weaker connections when I tried it, the videos loaded quickly and played.

EDIT2: I just tried using YouTube in Chrome, and also got similar results. Both times when I opened videos on the m.youtube.com site, I got a popup that said "Sorry, this video cannot be played." When on WiFi, the video just perpetually loaded in a full-screened black screen with a loading indicator spinning in the middle. When on 3G, the video loaded after a few seconds, and there was a blue sliding bar with fast-forward, pause, and rewind buttons above it.

Last edited:

joenat

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the identical problem on my GS4 thats getting annoying quick. We spend all this money on these devices and expect everything to work. All sprint wants to do is a factory reset they claim they never heard of the problem. My cable provider is useless also. This problem also happens on the break.com app too. Anyone please ?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I've seen those problems in different phones and mine before in one occasion. I think it was YouTube having problems.

I have Sprint, but the other phones were from Verizon and T - Mobile. 😞

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

joenat

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It has to be the 4.3 update with Samsung. My wifes iphone 4s (sprint) streams youtube over wifi just fine. The fact its happening to 2 seperate apps only on GS4 after the 4.3 update narrows it down also.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
It has to be the 4.3 update with Samsung. My wifes iphone 4s (sprint) streams youtube over wifi just fine. The fact its happening to 2 seperate apps only on GS4 after the 4.3 update narrows it down also.

I already updated, no problems so far.
*Knocks on wood*
😀

Manoj Thomas

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It's working for me now. Had couple of app updates pending. Completed them.
Went to settings/application manager/all/video player/clear data.
Restarted. Works great now.

Nickolas P1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
It's working for me now. Had couple of app updates pending. Completed them.
Went to settings/application manager/all/video player/clear data.
Restarted. Works great now.

I tried this, and it didn't work for me. :(

I also tried clearing data for all the YouTube apps, all with no luck.

EDIT: I restarted again and it works! Thanks! Looks like this problem is solved!

Last edited:

Dickey68

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep, that worked for me too. Thanks... took 5 seconds. Now I can watch epic rap battles again.. lol

Posted via Android Central App

Tyler King2

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I had the same damn problem. Drove me crazy all day but I finally got it fixed. I think it's a combo of things that did it for me. First I reset my router and modem. Second I cleared all cache and data from youtube app and video player app via Settings>Application Manage>All>Youtube (or Video Player). Third I restarted my phone. Fourth I forgot my WiFi network and reconnected via Settings>WiFi>Press and Hold on your current network then select forget then reconnect and re-enter your passkey if needed. HOPE THIS WORKS GUYS!!! !:D:)

Andrew James Weber

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
any luck. im angry beyond angry. I want this youtube wifi thing fixed NOW! any luck? Im on sprint as well. Im an inch away from getting out of my contract.

Edit: I have tried all these things and i still keep getting error. Why hasn't there been more content on this?

WELL CRAP. Edit 2. Pulled the battery now it plays.

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
There's a new update for the GS4 on Sprint. I'm not sure it'll fix this problem but we'll see.
The android version stays on 4.3.
1387202905541.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21