Samsung Galaxy S4 - How to stop a blue date stamp from showing up in Gallery?

aily jj

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently did a system update to my S4 .
Now every time I view a picture in Gallery, a blue date stamp will show in the lower left corner of the picture

I think it's quite annoying and distracting, anyone know how to stop the date from showing up?

Thanks.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I doubt if it's possible to disable it (at least on an unrooted phone), but it only appears for a second or two before going away.

datanotfound

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Yea, me too. I have the Note 2 on T-mobile and I find it very annoying that the stamp is there.
The devs for android need to remove this in a patch of some kind.

patsonacelly

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, me too. I have the Note 2 on T-mobile and I find it very annoying that the stamp is there.

Pleeeeease did anybody figure out how to stop this?!? Im thinking of dwnloading a new gallery app if I cant take it away. Damn update!!

Abra Ahmad

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

This exactly the kind of nonsense that drives people away from android. I am so fed up with this days issue I am ready to pay Cark for an iPhone 5. Why I earth would i want to share the date on the photo with the viewer. AGGGHHHHHHHH! What also really annoys me is the side bar in the gallery that you can accidently use and it fly through your pictures. F*****g pointless updated.

Please kill the single celled organism that created these updates

dreamcycle13

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
This exactly the kind of nonsense that drives people away from android. I am so fed up with this days issue I am ready to pay Cark for an iPhone 5. Why I earth would i want to share the date on the photo with the viewer. AGGGHHHHHHHH! What also really annoys me is the side bar in the gallery that you can accidently use and it fly through your pictures. F*****g pointless updated.

Please kill the single celled organism that created these updates

dreamcycle13

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OMFG SAMSUNG!!!
This date in the photo galleries is so annoying that I became a member to a forum for the first time, in hopes someone figured out how to disable it.. stupidest fxxxxing update ever!

kohtra

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I use my Note 2 at work and often need to show clients pictures of previous work that the we have done. I do NOT wan't share the dates of these jobs with new clients. So now after the latets update I did it seems I have no choice but to do so??? ******* hell Samsung, I was already embarrassed by the SCREEN ROTATION NOT WORKING properly and eventually not at all, and then required the phone to restart to be able to work (badly and slow) for a day or so, and then giving up again. AND NOW THIS!!

Im going iphone, sorry can't take this ****.

Lt_Cmdr_Data

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
This cannot currently be fixed within the Gallery app of Samsung. It seems to be a Software error, because usually if you disable the Tag Buddy, it should also disable the display of the date.

Workaround: Install the Gallery app, which comes with vanilla (unaltered) Android operating systems. It is the simple, basic version of the Samsung Gallery app. You can download it here:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.moblynx.galleryicsold&token=SxCT__cY

Magic14u

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ditto. Furious that my photos are being ruined by dickheads forcing this on me. I'd like to take them to court for wasting my time and raising my blood pressure.

adrienne502002

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I just received and "update" and now all my photos show a date. Seriously? I use this phone for work. I do not want dates on all of my photos of my work. I just want the client to see my work. Also the image area appears to be much less. I am not impressed, and if I had seen the phone with this set up, I would NOT have bought it. Loved it until this. I wish I could go back and undo the upgrade.

adrienne502002

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
You can put it into slide show mode, but that's the only work around I could find to get the dates to disappear. What a bummer this is for professional use.

I use my Note 2 at work and often need to show clients pictures of previous work that the we have done. I do NOT wan't share the dates of these jobs with new clients. So now after the latets update I did it seems I have no choice but to do so??? ******* hell Samsung, I was already embarrassed by the SCREEN ROTATION NOT WORKING properly and eventually not at all, and then required the phone to restart to be able to work (badly and slow) for a day or so, and then giving up again. AND NOW THIS!!

Im going iphone, sorry can't take this ****.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23