Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 - How to stop a blue date stamp from showing up in Gallery?

Hi, I recently did a system update to my S4 .
    Now every time I view a picture in Gallery, a blue date stamp will show in the lower left corner of the picture

I think it's quite annoying and distracting, anyone know how to stop the date from showing up?

Thanks.
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - How to stop a blue date stamp from showing up in Gallery?

I need to know this too.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - How to stop a blue date stamp from showing up in Gallery?

Add one more who would like a solution !!

I to find this very annoying and would like a solution to remove the date from appearing.

I doubt if it's possible to disable it (at least on an unrooted phone), but it only appears for a second or two before going away.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

my s3 just updated OS's. same thing. can't find a way to turn it off and i agree it's very annoying
    Magic14u likes this.

I need to know how to do this too. Just updated it and im always in my gallery amd that stamp is driving me nuts!!!

Yea, me too. I have the Note 2 on T-mobile and I find it very annoying that the stamp is there.
    The devs for android need to remove this in a patch of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by datanotfound View Post
    Yea, me too. I have the Note 2 on T-mobile and I find it very annoying that the stamp is there.
    Pleeeeease did anybody figure out how to stop this?!? Im thinking of dwnloading a new gallery app if I cant take it away. Damn update!!

Quote Originally Posted by datanotfound View Post
    This exactly the kind of nonsense that drives people away from android. I am so fed up with this days issue I am ready to pay Cark for an iPhone 5. Why I earth would i want to share the date on the photo with the viewer. AGGGHHHHHHHH! What also really annoys me is the side bar in the gallery that you can accidently use and it fly through your pictures. F*****g pointless updated.

Please kill the single celled organism that created these updates

Quote Originally Posted by Abra Ahmad View Post
    This exactly the kind of nonsense that drives people away from android. I am so fed up with this days issue I am ready to pay Cark for an iPhone 5. Why I earth would i want to share the date on the photo with the viewer. AGGGHHHHHHHH! What also really annoys me is the side bar in the gallery that you can accidently use and it fly through your pictures. F*****g pointless updated.

Please kill the single celled organism that created these updates
    Magic14u likes this.

OMFG SAMSUNG!!!
    This date in the photo galleries is so annoying that I became a member to a forum for the first time, in hopes someone figured out how to disable it.. stupidest fxxxxing update ever!
    Magic14u likes this.

I use my Note 2 at work and often need to show clients pictures of previous work that the we have done. I do NOT wan't share the dates of these jobs with new clients. So now after the latets update I did it seems I have no choice but to do so??? ******* hell Samsung, I was already embarrassed by the SCREEN ROTATION NOT WORKING properly and eventually not at all, and then required the phone to restart to be able to work (badly and slow) for a day or so, and then giving up again. AND NOW THIS!!

Im going iphone, sorry can't take this ****.

This cannot currently be fixed within the Gallery app of Samsung. It seems to be a Software error, because usually if you disable the Tag Buddy, it should also disable the display of the date.

Workaround: Install the Gallery app, which comes with vanilla (unaltered) Android operating systems. It is the simple, basic version of the Samsung Gallery app. You can download it here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....galleryicsold
    Thanked by 4:
    kenw55, crysdh515 and AndrewAnswer like this.

Ditto. Furious that my photos are being ruined by dickheads forcing this on me. I'd like to take them to court for wasting my time and raising my blood pressure.

The things i would do to you for this amazing answer

I just received and "update" and now all my photos show a date. Seriously? I use this phone for work. I do not want dates on all of my photos of my work. I just want the client to see my work. Also the image area appears to be much less. I am not impressed, and if I had seen the phone with this set up, I would NOT have bought it. Loved it until this. I wish I could go back and undo the upgrade.

Thank you for sharing. However, no photo app needs to know my location and a bunch of other things I noticed it wants to have control over.

You can put it into slide show mode, but that's the only work around I could find to get the dates to disappear. What a bummer this is for professional use.

Quote Originally Posted by kohtra View Post
    I use my Note 2 at work and often need to show clients pictures of previous work that the we have done. I do NOT wan't share the dates of these jobs with new clients. So now after the latets update I did it seems I have no choice but to do so??? ******* hell Samsung, I was already embarrassed by the SCREEN ROTATION NOT WORKING properly and eventually not at all, and then required the phone to restart to be able to work (badly and slow) for a day or so, and then giving up again. AND NOW THIS!!

Im going iphone, sorry can't take this ****.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Gallery > Menu > Settings > Turn 'Tag buddy' off

It comes up for few seconds but if you think about it you'll never forget what day you took it

Posted via Android Central App

Did anyone find the answer to the stupid date stamp? This update stinks. It also shows gallery stopped working when I try to share a photo

Quote Originally Posted by aily jj View Post
    Hi, I recently did a system update to my S4 .
    Now every time I view a picture in Gallery, a blue date stamp will show in the lower left corner of the picture

I think it's quite annoying and distracting, anyone know how to stop the date from showing up?

Thanks.

Turn off "tag buddy", go to gallery...settings...tag buddy....turn off all
    (gps, weather, date)

Quote Originally Posted by nasja2003 View Post
    Turn off "tag buddy", go to gallery...settings...tag buddy....turn off all
    (gps, weather, date)
    it doesn't help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast