Battery Drain While Phone is Off

rlakritz

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I recently traveled overseas. I powered off my fully charged phone before boarding the plane. When I arrived and turned on my phone some 18 or so hours later, the battery was practically dead. I couldn't do a think before recharging. This happened again on my way home. I needed to charge my phone upon arrival before I could call my husband to coordinate being picked up. Is this normal? I've only had my phone for a little over 2 months and don't know if this normal or a problem with the phone.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome....I know it take some battery to turn a phone on but if the phone was off it should not have used battery. I never heard of any one else having this problem..

timfear

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
In having a very similar issue. I just bought this phone and have been very pleased with the battery life. However, twice I've turned it off at night with plenty off charge only to see it significantly lower in the morning. For example last night it was at 79% and this morning it was 37% after being off all night. Is that normal?