One nugget I really like about the 4.3 update

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I found it by accident but its a HUGE improvement over the old way.

Before when you wanted to uninstall and app you go to settings, application manager, find the app, then uninstall.
Now (as it should have been all along) you can long press an app in the app drawer and drag up to uninstall. They also included the option to go to the app info if you need that too.

Not sure if someone already talked about this somewhere, but i'm hoping someone didn't notice this and it makes them happy too!

EDIT: Also feel free to post any other little things here that you've found that you like about 4.3 that you think people may not know about.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I found it by accident but its a HUGE improvement over the old way.

Before when you wanted to uninstall and app you go to settings, application manager, find the app, then uninstall.
Now (as it should have been all along) you can long press an app in the app drawer and drag up to uninstall. They also included the option to go to the app info if you need that too.

Not sure if someone already talked about this somewhere, but i'm hoping someone didn't notice this and it makes them happy too!
Most of the third-party launchers offer similar solutions to uninstall apps or have quick access to the application settings to uninstall. It's a feature that I think most OEM's should have included a long time ago. Glad to see you enjoy this in the 4.3 update - how are you enjoying the update overall?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Most of the third-party launchers offer similar solutions to uninstall apps or have quick access to the application settings to uninstall. It's a feature that I think most OEM's should have included a long time ago. Glad to see you enjoy this in the 4.3 update - how are you enjoying the update overall?

Yah I have a Nexus 7 (2012) so i've enjoyed being able to uninstall an app like that for awhile, and hated that my phone never had it so its great.

Overall? Love the smoothness and speed of everything. Seems like they really got their stuff together to help speed up the phone. Camera opens up really quickly, haven't had a single stutter at all.

Would have really loved a black dialer and contacts app, but oh well =P

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just found a 2nd thing thats great!

If you use blocking mode, it doesn't take up a constant area in your notification drop down. FINALLY. made no sense to have it there...

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Also while in the app drawer, you can hit the settings button and tap uninstall. You can uninstall several apps quickly. This has been there since 4.2.2....maybe even earlier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463