7 months later... is the S4 still a phone worth buying?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I just sold off my Nexus 5 and am thinking about getting the S4 (again) or giving the LG G2 a try. The S4 is now 7 months old and spec-wise falls behind the G2 but I still like the S4's design better than the G2 (I like my buttons on the sides). I like that the G2 comes with 32GB standard and a bigger battery though... Thinking S4.... anyone?

ajl

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The G2 is a great phone hardware wise. I personally hate the software. So if you're willing to root and flash a ROM, definitely the G2. I have an S4, and regret nothing.

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The G2 is a great phone hardware wise. I personally hate the software. So if you're willing to root and flash a ROM, definitely the G2. I have an S4, and regret nothing.

I'm not a rooterer. I'll use different launchers but want nothing to do with rooting or ROMs.

Just curious, what do you hate about the software?

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just sold off my Nexus 5 and am thinking about getting the S4 (again) or giving the LG G2 a try. The S4 is now 7 months old and spec-wise falls behind the G2 but I still like the S4's design better than the G2 (I like my buttons on the sides). I like that the G2 comes with 32GB standard and a bigger battery though... Thinking S4.... anyone?

why did you sell the N5?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Definitely, had my S4 since June(birthday :thumbup::D) and its been the only phone Ive ever kept over 3 months. Fantastic phone. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4 :D

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Just wasn't right for me. Camera was too quirky and the speaker issues were bad too. Ultimately, it just wasn't for me. Nice phone but I just needed something that worked better for me.

flipponater

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say,if you can,wait another month or two.....the s4 is reaching the end of its cycle.and many new great phones are still to come!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

EdwardTodorov

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
SGS4 is a device which will be supported with future updates from Samsung till 2015, the specs are great and will carry you with whatsoever task you implement. If you like the design of the phone and like its future ( i personally adore TW, even all the hate out there) just get it ! I have it since 2 month and everything which i feel about the phone is joy ! Its simplifies my daily life. All in all, isnt that the main task for one smartphone ?

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Over a month old and I love my S4, added 64 gig of ram, using it as my mp3 player, I dont need an ipad, my S4 does everything I need.

Posted via Android Central App

Mrluky

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
i just dumped my iphone 5 for the s4, wow i never new this phone was so great, so simple to use and just a great looking phone. Im keeping this for a while.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The S4 is certainly not reaching the end of it's life cycle. Heck, the S3 is still an amazing device and more than capable of performing any task you throw at it. Both are expected to get the Kit Kat update very soon.

tap'n

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't get the S4 after my experiences with the S3 - the infamous Samsung radios/antennas issue was in full force for me. I live in a small town (with Verizon) and I had more dropped calls and poor reception with the S3 than any phone (smart or dumb) than ever. With the G2 i have not had any problems with any of those - I work/live in the same place with the same work/driving/location habits and the G2 is heads and shoulders above the S3 and I don't think the S4 is supposed to be any better than the S3 as far as the cell/data radios/antennas.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the S4 can still hold its own, despite being 07 months old. I just recommended it to a friend, back in July. She loves it: considering she had a 3-4 year old (yeah, that old) phone, it was a serious upgrade.