Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 7 months later... is the S4 still a phone worth buying?

I just sold off my Nexus 5 and am thinking about getting the S4 (again) or giving the LG G2 a try. The S4 is now 7 months old and spec-wise falls behind the G2 but I still like the S4's design better than the G2 (I like my buttons on the sides). I like that the G2 comes with 32GB standard and a bigger battery though... Thinking S4.... anyone?

Default Re: 7 months later... is the S4 still a phone worth buying?

The G2 is a great phone hardware wise. I personally hate the software. So if you're willing to root and flash a ROM, definitely the G2. I have an S4, and regret nothing.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lima View Post
    The G2 is a great phone hardware wise. I personally hate the software. So if you're willing to root and flash a ROM, definitely the G2. I have an S4, and regret nothing.
    I'm not a rooterer. I'll use different launchers but want nothing to do with rooting or ROMs.

Just curious, what do you hate about the software?

I still love my s4!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Still love my S4 (only a couple months old though).

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

6 months on. And I still love my S4.

Posted via Android Central App

7 months later, still discovering things and loving my s4

Quote Originally Posted by rockitdog23 View Post
    I just sold off my Nexus 5 and am thinking about getting the S4 (again) or giving the LG G2 a try. The S4 is now 7 months old and spec-wise falls behind the G2 but I still like the S4's design better than the G2 (I like my buttons on the sides). I like that the G2 comes with 32GB standard and a bigger battery though... Thinking S4.... anyone?
    why did you sell the N5?

ROM
    Stock

Definitely, had my S4 since June(birthday :thumbup:) and its been the only phone Ive ever kept over 3 months. Fantastic phone. :thumbup:

From my Sammy Galaxy S4
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Just wasn't right for me. Camera was too quirky and the speaker issues were bad too. Ultimately, it just wasn't for me. Nice phone but I just needed something that worked better for me.

I would say,if you can,wait another month or two.....the s4 is reaching the end of its cycle.and many new great phones are still to come!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

SGS4 is a device which will be supported with future updates from Samsung till 2015, the specs are great and will carry you with whatsoever task you implement. If you like the design of the phone and like its future ( i personally adore TW, even all the hate out there) just get it ! I have it since 2 month and everything which i feel about the phone is joy ! Its simplifies my daily life. All in all, isnt that the main task for one smartphone ?

Over a month old and I love my S4, added 64 gig of ram, using it as my mp3 player, I dont need an ipad, my S4 does everything I need.

I will even consider, taking a look at the note 2 and note 3...... Very good phablets !

Global Posts
    249 Global Posts

i just dumped my iphone 5 for the s4, wow i never new this phone was so great, so simple to use and just a great looking phone. Im keeping this for a while.

The S4 is certainly not reaching the end of it's life cycle. Heck, the S3 is still an amazing device and more than capable of performing any task you throw at it. Both are expected to get the Kit Kat update very soon.

tap'n

I dont mind waiting for the kitkat, I have enough features to enjoy now and there isnt something tremendous which can attract me to 4.4. ))

Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

I wouldn't get the S4 after my experiences with the S3 - the infamous Samsung radios/antennas issue was in full force for me. I live in a small town (with Verizon) and I had more dropped calls and poor reception with the S3 than any phone (smart or dumb) than ever. With the G2 i have not had any problems with any of those - I work/live in the same place with the same work/driving/location habits and the G2 is heads and shoulders above the S3 and I don't think the S4 is supposed to be any better than the S3 as far as the cell/data radios/antennas.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardTodorov View Post
    I will even consider, taking a look at the note 2 and note 3...... Very good phablets !
    Yea so right! I never had notes. I had s1, s2, s3 and now s4! But csnt wait to buy a note(maybe note 4?) In future! Note 3 looks already awesome!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think the S4 can still hold its own, despite being 07 months old. I just recommended it to a friend, back in July. She loves it: considering she had a 3-4 year old (yeah, that old) phone, it was a serious upgrade.
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display

I would wait after another screw up from Sammy and there software update.

3 weeks with the S4 after 6 months of htc One and I am convinced I made the right choice!
    TW with 4.3 update and custom roms like Carbon/PAC are very smooth,the camera is great outdoors and nice indoors,screen is vivid and lively,sound quality on earphones is amazing thanks to viper4droid...
    The only thing I missed from the One is the very good and stable Car app,I tried several car apps from the market but none is nearly as good as HTC's one.
    The N5 is good but the reviews went bad about it (camera,screen...)
    The G2 was very hyped on the 2 first weeks like the Moto X thanks to its camera but the lack of roms,resell value and bugs are strong negatives.
    I will try KITKAT roms on my S4 as soon as they get stable and have some tweaks to have fun with.
    The S5 and HTC M8 are coming in 3 months,if Sammy makes a revolution in both body (materials) and soul (TW) with a Car app a la HTC then I will choose again Sammy or else I will get the HTC

Quote Originally Posted by blademael View Post
    Over a month old and I love my S4, added 64 gig of ram, using it as my mp3 player, I dont need an ipad, my S4 does everything I need.

You cannot increase your RAM..

I added a 64 gig micro sd card, how do you call that ?

sent by my Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by blademael View Post
    I added a 64 gig micro sd card, how do you call that ?

sent by my Galaxy S4
    Just storage

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast