Galaxy S4: Touchwiz won't stay as default launcher!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touchwiz wont stay as default launcher!

Wow, this is still going on and Google hasn't fix it yet! 😠

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

myucha

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Thank you. This worked for me. (Unistalling the update) How do you keep the google update from returning (short of turning off all updates)?

By the way, I have an HTC One and Nova Launcher , but the same problem exists.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thank you. This worked for me. (Unistalling the update) How do you keep the google update from returning (short of turning off all updates)?

By the way, I have an HTC One and Nova Launcher , but the same problem exists.

Can you disable the Google Search Bar on the S4? It may be worth it at this moment. Settings > Apps > All > Google Search > Disable

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

myucha

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Never mind - I figured out how to turn this off i the play store for this app.

TechAddict

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

The fix of disabling the update to Google Search sure works, except of course that you will have an out of date Google Search app that will function for how long? Hopefully they will fix it and release another update. Bit of a pain to have to disable auto app updates also, just to stop this app from updating and causing the same problems again. Test it BEFORE release Google, always a sound method!

Jennifer Ross

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site

Just got my Galaxy Note 3 and this just started a few weeks ago. How do I uninstall the Google search thing?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Just got my Galaxy Note 3 and this just started a few weeks ago. How do I uninstall the Google search thing?

Welcome to the forums. 👍😃

Go to Settings-More-Application Manager-All
Scroll down to Google Search and Uninstall updates.

henrynks

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Sigh... this is still happening to me even I have disabled Google Search ver 2.xx

I wonder why there is TouchWiz Easy anyway...

Welcome to the forums. ����

Go to Settings-More-Application Manager-All
Scroll down to Google Search and Uninstall updates.

henrynks

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Finally found a solution! "Forced stop and Disabled TouchWiz Easy Home killed the problem permanently!" Yippie!

For those that having similar annoying problem as mine, please try this. I have also re-enabled Google Search ver 2.xx (have not try to update to the latest yet) and the problem has not resurfaced.

PS: My problem may differ from others that has successfully resolved by removing Google Search updates and revert back the version to 2.xx. My issue was more of both TouchWiz Home and TouchWiz easy Home cannot co-existed (and running). One had to be disabled i.e. TouchWiz easy Home

Refer/See my previous posting with screen shots dated 11-28-2013, 09:31 AM.

Cheers!

Sigh... this is still happening to me even I have disabled Google Search ver 2.xx

I wonder why there is TouchWiz Easy anyway...

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Finally found a solution! "Forced stop and Disabled TouchWiz Easy Home killed the problem permanently!" Yippie!

For those that having similar annoying problem as mine, please try this. I have also re-enabled Google Search ver 2.xx (have not try to update to the latest yet) and the problem has not resurfaced.

PS: My problem may differ from others that has successfully resolved by removing Google Search updates and revert back the version to 2.xx. My issue was more of both TouchWiz Home and TouchWiz easy Home cannot co-existed (and running). One had to be disabled i.e. TouchWiz easy Home

Refer/See my previous posting with screen shots dated 11-28-2013, 09:31 AM.

Cheers!

I'm glad you found a way and are helping others. 👍👦

iiari

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad that worked for you. It hadn't worked for me when I tried it before (I thought it had, then it came back like 5-10 minutes later). Even if this solution works, you presumptively would have to do it every time you restart the phone.

Again, I'll retry it with the latest build...

iiari

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Actually, I retried this and don't have the ability to force stop. That is ghosted out as an option. Do you have to be rooted to do that?

Again, the only people that I've seen who have defeated this keeping the update are those who rooted their phone and deleted the TouchWiz easy altogether. My phone isn't rooted though and my prior rooting attempts failed.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Hey all! Happiest Holidays...
Latest Google search update 3.1.8... 827 is golden. Works without TouchWiz screen showing up. Yes! Peace

Posted via Android Central App

henrynks

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi iiari

Not sure why you cannot 'force stop' TouchWiz easy home, though. And my phone is not rooted version, still intact and as original as it was since I got it ;)

This is how it looks like on my phone once I forced stop it. Strangely, it does not get into "Disabled" category on Application Manager. Perhaps compare your versions with what I have just to see if they are any different?

TouchWiz easy home version 1.0
TouchWiz Home version 4.3-I9505XXUEMJ5

Google Search version 2.6.7.721924.arm

My Google Search has been enabled and did a couple of reboots with no sign of problem re-occurring which make me a happy person! I intend to proceed with the update on Google Seach and see how it goes.

Cheers!

Actually, I retried this and don't have the ability to force stop. That is ghosted out as an option. Do you have to be rooted to do that?

Again, the only people that I've seen who have defeated this keeping the update are those who rooted their phone and deleted the TouchWiz easy altogether. My phone isn't rooted though and my prior rooting attempts failed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-30-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-12-12-15-30-36.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 68

iiari

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Hey all! Happiest Holidays...
Latest Google search update 3.1.8... 827 is golden. Works without TouchWiz screen showing up. Yes! Peace

Posted via Android Central App
I just updated that and it isn't working for me :(. Still asking me to select which TouchWiz version after every single home press out of Google search...

Hi iiari
Not sure why you cannot 'force stop' TouchWiz easy home, though. And my phone is not rooted version, still intact and as original as it was since I got it ;)

This is how it looks like on my phone once I forced stop it. Strangely, it does not get into "Disabled" category on Application Manager. Perhaps compare your versions with what I have just to see if they are any different?

I don't know why either. I'll compare the versions and see if anything is different. Which carrier do you have? I have Sprint. I've sometimes been told that different carriers will enable or disable certain features, and this might be one of them. Are there any apps that anyone knows of that can force an app to stop?

Patricia Bianco

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Lokesh, thanks, this worked for me. I completely un-installed Google Search updates because I couldn't sort out how to choose just the last one. Anyway, I'm left with the original Google search. Then when I pressed the home button, it asked that annoying question one last time and has shut-up forever.
Yay!

henrynks

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm in Singapore, using SingTel as carrier. Not sure about this although I heard too different carriers offers different apps.

I just updated that and it isn't working for me :(. Still asking me to select which TouchWiz version after every single home press out of Google search...

I don't know why either. I'll compare the versions and see if anything is different. Which carrier do you have? I have Sprint. I've sometimes been told that different carriers will enable or disable certain features, and this might be one of them. Are there any apps that anyone knows of that can force an app to stop?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Hello.
I'm also with Sprint and don't have that problem. Do you have the option to Force Stop the app as in my screenshot?
If you do try to force stop it see if that works.
1386961459927.jpg

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

After I posted the screenshot I've noticed another post from you that answers my question. 😕

Ok, have you done a factory reset to see if that makes the Force Stop option available again?

Fuego

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I'm on AT&T and have tried all of the above, and still have the annoying problem. I've done a soft reset/clearing ram and cache, forced stop on Touch Wiz Easy but the problem returns. I've been avoiding a full factory reset since reinstalling everything does not appeal to me. Had anyone on AT&T been able to resolve this completely for more than 2-3 days?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk