Galaxy S4: Touchwiz won't stay as default launcher!

cmd280

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey All ,

Ever since 4.3, half the time when I click my home button the launcher select dialog box comes up where one is supposed to select their preferred launcher. Only problem is that I have no other third party launchers installed...only Touchwiz.

Already tried factory resetting.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I dont have this problem but I would install one free and when asked to select one select touch wiz and choose always

Galaxy S4

estranho

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Touchwiz wont stay as default launcher!

I'm also having this same issue, I've tried several different launchers and it keeps asking me to pick one as the default launcher. I haven't yet updated to 4.3, but I did update the Google Search to 3.1.8.

davidleng7

May 30, 2013
Visit site

I9500 4.3
Facing this issue recently... It is very annoying. It pops up when I press the home button.. any fix?

Lokesh Sastri

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Guys, I MIGHT HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION.

Uninstall the latest search for Google Search (11/15/2013) - It is very unstable. When you hit the Google search bar and then the home button on some your Android devices, it will prompt you for the zillionth time "continue using action as..." where you'll have to select a launcher. I just uninstalled the latest update and it fixed it for me (at least for the time being). No more prompts - Touchwiz is stored as default launcher.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Haven't tried Lokesh's work around yet though am having the same situation on my VZ i545 S4.
Posted and looked around found this bit: "if you go to settings, my device, then home screen mode select easy mode then click apply, THEN go back into settings, my device, home screen and change it back to standard mode it stops prompting you to choose when u press the home button."
It did for a few hours....
Finally cleared cache and data of Touchwiz under application management and it reset all the screens to factory; rebuilt all my Home and other screens to find the offending request still occurs. Silly glitch....

Posted via Android Central App

RickzSII

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I had this same issue with 4.2 A simple hard format fixed the issue

Haven't had this issue with 4.3 yet crossing fingers since its so Damn annoying

cmd280

May 29, 2011
Visit site

So I discovered that once I uninstalled the subway ordering app the problem stopped.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

So I discovered that once I uninstalled the subway ordering app the problem stopped.

Lol! Your phone didn't want you to get food from subway. 😉

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Just an update if any still experiencing this awkward glitch... no need to factory reset nor clear data from Touchwiz app, simply follow Lokesh's suggestion.
Thanks everybody for all your comments and assistance; indeed I have realized Googles Search latest update (3.xx) is the culprit! (THANK YOU LOKESH)
Downgraded to last update, (2.xx) and everything is back to normal with TouchWiz.
Sad to loose Google latest efforts though!

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I removed the Google Search update and select reset to factory settings for Google Search and my TouchWiz prompts stopped. YES!!! Victory!!!!

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Your suggestion worked for me. Thanks!!!
Guys, I MIGHT HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION.

Uninstall the latest search for Google Search (11/15/2013) - It is very unstable. When you hit the Google search bar and then the home button on some your Android devices, it will prompt you for the zillionth time "continue using action as..." where you'll have to select a launcher. I just uninstalled the latest update and it fixed it for me (at least for the time being). No more prompts - Touchwiz is stored as default launcher.

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Uninstall Google Search updates and your problem will go away. I'm trying to figure out how to prevent updates to Google Search.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad