1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 - amoled display blue pixel burn in

hi guys. I recently watched a video of amoled displays having a colour that is can burn in to the screen. apparently, the colour blue is a high energy colour for this display, and if the display is static on that colour and on for a long period of time without turning it off, the image can burn into the screen. I bought an s4 3 months ago. I watched this video, and now im wondering if this can happen to my phone. I mean, did amoled technology advance and is this even possible to happen on the s4? im really paranoid now I try not to set the colour blue on my display thinking this would happen. can any expert or anyone please comment and help me out on this. I mean, what is this burn in. is this possible with the s4??

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - amoled display blue pixel burn in

My screen looks like someone spread blue violet paint on the screen so thinly I can see the icons on the screen but in a tint

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - amoled display blue pixel burn in

Quote Originally Posted by Trolled123 View Post
    hi guys. I recently watched a video of amoled displays having a colour that is can burn in to the screen. apparently, the colour blue is a high energy colour for this display, and if the display is static on that colour and on for a long period of time without turning it off, the image can burn into the screen. I bought an s4 3 months ago. I watched this video, and now im wondering if this can happen to my phone. I mean, did amoled technology advance and is this even possible to happen on the s4? im really paranoid now I try not to set the colour blue on my display thinking this would happen. can any expert or anyone please comment and help me out on this. I mean, what is this burn in. is this possible with the s4??
    Well , in LCD , there is dead pixel problem.

Every display has its cons.

There is a Galaxy S2 which has been used everyday from past 2.5 years and probably crossed 1000+ cycles of battery easily (its charged twice a day because data is always ON or Wifi is always connected , device is heavily used)

Its still being used now same like before.

There is very slight blue pixel burn which is not noticeable much.I kept that side by side with my Galaxy S4 and showed a video to some of my family to spot the difference.
    They were only like "This display is bigger" but they didn't seem to spot difference.

I looked closely but couldn't find any difference myself until I start the screen test of blue pixels to confirm the burn again.

On Web browsing , screen looks to be yellowish tint (its not really problem with phone though , My iPod Touch has blueish tint , its problem with Samsung displays in general and tint problems due to calibration issues)(Samsung makes displays of iPhone/iPod touch too , they are LCD)