Deleting Dropbox Photos

Puppy72

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi. First time poster, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I really need help!

I synced my phone and laptop to Dropbox because I have about 400 photos on my laptop that I'd like on my phone without having to download. This worked fine and the photos appeared in my phone Gallery. When I take a photo on my phone I DO want it to automatically upload to Dropbox because I like having them backed up. However, when I take a photo or screenshot it gets transferred to a file called 'Camera Uploads' (which is part of Dropbox) and I can't delete the photos.

I went to the laptop and deleted the file from Dropbox and also re-named and moved around a few folders, but it's been a day and this change hasn't shown up in my Gallery? I want to keep all the other Dropbox photos on my phone but would like to delete this individual folder or photos from my Gallery.

Someone suggested I go settings>accounts>Dropbox to change the settings, but when I do it just comes up with my account name and the only option is 'Remove account'. There's also an option of 'sync now' but it's not available for me to select.

Help?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
when you take a photo or screenshot - it gets pushed to the local phone Gallery - then (via Camera Upload) it gets pushed to the Dropbox Folder. so in other words - TWO separate files are created. so if you want to delete a photo/screenshot you must delete it from both locations - local Gallery and the Dropbox folder. they are independent.

shirley Fischer

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't delete individual photos from any gallery drop-box albums. As soon as I sent them to DB they were no longer accessible in gallery except as a DB album. The album has the dropbox "blue box" in the corner but..it is not visible on my pc or phone drop-box account. All I could do was send the photos I wanted deleted to drop-box from my phone and delete them. BUT they were still in the drop-box pic folder in my galaxy note 3!! I could only get rid of them by DUMPING all of the pictures in that folder... 250 of them!!! I'm going to find a different app.. and DROP dropbox asap!
DO NOT USE THIS APP!!!!!!!!!

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't delete individual photos from any gallery drop-box albums. As soon as I sent them to DB they were no longer accessible in gallery except as a DB album. The album has the dropbox "blue box" in the corner but..it is not visible on my pc or phone drop-box account. All I could do was send the photos I wanted deleted to drop-box from my phone and delete them. BUT they were still in the drop-box pic folder in my galaxy note 3!! I could only get rid of them by DUMPING all of the pictures in that folder... 250 of them!!! I'm going to find a different app.. and DROP dropbox asap!
DO NOT USE THIS APP!!!!!!!!!

I'm not very techy, but I can say I love Dropbox (think about sd card corruption issues) so I know I need to delete any pics from DB AND any gallery on any devices where I use DB. To me is worth the extra step or two so I can be sure my pics are safely stored as soon as they are taken and wifi is available.

Rocky10946

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
So, where is 'local gallery'---- I want to delete photos on my Android that have the "drop box' blue ring .
I can't rid of those photos. NOWHERE is the word delete on this Android. The preceding last post instruction said
delete the photos in the "local gallery' I tried that. NO delete.
Rocky.

Kd5nay

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
So, where is 'local gallery'---- I want to delete photos on my Android that have the "drop box' blue ring .
I can't rid of those photos. NOWHERE is the word delete on this Android. The preceding last post instruction said
delete the photos in the "local gallery' I tried that. NO delete.
Rocky.

Rocky,
I had luck by going to settings -> cloud -> then under Dropbox make sure "pictures" is turned off. Hope it helps.

Andrew

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira