Micro usb to RCA

rjnsmith

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this?
I just hooked up a router in my bedroom but my TV is not HD (I have the cables for micro usb to hdmi for my main TV so I know it works that way) but I was wondering if I purchased this cable from Amazon (actually I already did as it was only $3) if it would transmit sound/ video to my SD TV?

I'd like to play NHL GameCenter Live from my phone to the said TV.

Just wondering if anyone has tried anything like this and has any success/ frustration stories or advice.

Thanks in advance!

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
HDMI is a digital signal, and the old rca cables are an anolog signal. You will always need some device to covert from digital to analog, which they do make.
You can try connecting your phone using micro usb to HDMI to an "digital to analog converter box", which would then out put to your tv via rca cables. Some audio/visual receivers also have that function built in.
This is theoretical since I have never tried it and don't know if there is something in the phone that prevents this. Plus the signal will look awful, since one, the resolution will be low(because of the down converted signal, and two you are blowing up the screen to such a large size. Honestly it wouldn't be worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay