S4 Battery Question

ShadowBlazes

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought an S4, it's a manufacturer refurbished one new with battery, I charged the battery for 6 hours and started using it and the battery is at 62% with 3 hours 17minutes on battery with brightness just below a quarter of the bar, why is it going so fast? Because I see normally people have 16hours on battery and still have quite a few to spare on heavy usage I've mostly just used Twitter, why is it draining so fast?

Posted via Android Central App

ShadowBlazes

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just to help even more I basically have everything off apart from WiFi so it doesn't make sense why the battery is draining so fast

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just to help even more I basically have everything off apart from WiFi so it doesn't make sense why the battery is draining so fast

Probably Google services. I had to turn them off when not using them if I want maximum battery life.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
How do I turn them off? My battery near enough died at 7 hours

To be sure, go to settings > more > battery. Screen should be listed 1st. Then tell us the next 3 items & their %.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

ShadowBlazes

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
To be sure, go to settings > more > battery. Screen should be listed 1st. Then tell us the next 3 items & their %.

Screen 71%, Android System 7%, Android OS 4%, Twitter 4%, SwiftKey 3% and Chrome 2% that's all of them.

For a while before Twitter was there at second at 5% then it dropped.

EDIT - sorry Android System was at second with 5% with Twitter following 5% and Android OS at 4% (these were previous readings at 40% charge)

Chief G-Hawk

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Screen 71%, Android System 7%, Android OS 4%, Twitter 4%, SwiftKey 3% and Chrome 2% that's all of them.

For a while before Twitter was there at second at 5% then it dropped.

EDIT - sorry Android System was at second with 5% with Twitter following 5% and Android OS at 4% (these were previous readings at 40% charge)

So you say that Screen was 71%. If you tap on that, what was the screen time?

Also check out the Wakelock detector app, it tells you what apps keeps the screen awake and other stuff. It can very helpful to know which apps does that.

charlibob

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
If they installed a new battery, subsequent charges may improve life. Did the green led show before you removed it from charge?