Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rae Day
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Post Samsung Galaxy S4 - How can I add a caption to a photo?

Is there an easy way to add a caption to photos in the stock Gallery app? I know I can add a Photo Note and this will put the text on the "back" of the photo, but I'd like to add a caption on the front side of a photo instead.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - How can I add a caption to a photo?

Yes, you can add notes to the photo front and it works exactly the way the back of photo note works. From Gallery, select your photo then pull up the menu (left key on phone). Choose edit instead of photo note. A new menu will open along the bottom of the photo and on my phone I see the choices "rotate, crop, color, effect" If you swipe the menu to the left, four more choices arrive: "portrait, sticker, drawing, frame." Careful, you may find yourself playing for half an hour with all these things! Anyway, select Drawing then the remaining steps are just like photo note except on the picture front.
    When you are finished and hit save, Gallery will automatically save a copy of the original so you have one with the note and one without.
    Thanked by 2:
    jnichols16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Day View Post
    Yes, you can add notes to the photo front and it works exactly the way the back of photo note works. From Gallery, select your photo then pull up the menu (left key on phone). Choose edit instead of photo note. A new menu will open along the bottom of the photo and on my phone I see the choices "rotate, crop, color, effect" If you swipe the menu to the left, four more choices arrive: "portrait, sticker, drawing, frame." Careful, you may find yourself playing for half an hour with all these things! Anyway, select Drawing then the remaining steps are just like photo note except on the picture front.
    When you are finished and hit save, Gallery will automatically save a copy of the original so you have one with the note and one without.
    Thanks a lot. I spent $20 for a magazine with 679 hacks and tips, it didn't tell me that.

Quote Originally Posted by MAK85 View Post
    Is there an easy way to add a caption to photos in the stock Gallery app? I know I can add a Photo Note and this will put the text on the "back" of the photo, but I'd like to add a caption on the front side of a photo instead.

Is there some way to add a caption by typing in the text rather then handwriting it ?
    Last edited by pacman40; 04-23-2014 at 06:06 AM.