Samsung Galaxy S4 - Default Messaging Tone Plays regardless of settings - Handcent SMS

Iolair74

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I previously posted in the thread below for my GS2 on Sprint. I have recently upgraded to the GS4 on Verizon, where I hoped that this issue would fix itself due to the new version of Android.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...491-sms-mms-notification-setting-trouble.html
However, despite verifying that the stock messaging app has all notifications unchecked, the non-standard tone that I chosen for a given contact in Handcent SMS does not play. While in the Handcent application, the "Test Notification" button DOES play the custom tone, but whenever a message arrives the tone that is played is whatever is Default Notification Tone is for my entire device.

As mentioned in the previous post, I am trying to set up my device so that when an MMS comes in from my work it has a very loud and distinctive tone while all other messages are a simple and much quieter tone. At this point I am willing to throw Handcent in the trash, but I am not positive that the application settings arent somehow being overruled by a hidden setting on the phone somewhere.

Device is not currently rooted, but to fix this I am willing to figure out how to do so.

Thank you for any assistance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12