Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    437 Global Posts

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 - No 4g after 4.3 update

Hey everyone. I've noticed since u updated that my s4 will no longer connect to Verizons 4g network. I'm always on 3g. For the most part I'm normally around wifi but I was in Columbus Ohio yesterday and noticed it. I've always had 4g in my hometown so I turned off my wifi this morning and sure enough I only have a 3g connection. I've restarted the device but I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me out?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - No 4g after 4.3 update

Hello,

Have you tried to update profile & PRL under Settings? Also double check your settings under Mobile Networks to make sure LTE is indeed enabled w/data.
    thunderbunder16 likes this.

+1 for what Paul627g said. Make sure you have "CDMA/LTE/EVDO" selected in Settings - More Networks - Mobile networks - Network mode.
    thunderbunder16 likes this.

I had a 4G network connection issue after the galaxy 4 update on March 5 2014 and 4 G would continually drop. Needless to say there was no surfing the net and emails were speratic. After Verizon recommended replacing the phone and SIM card I still had the same issue. It turns out that the issue was a data compression program called Onavo extend. This program used a VPN traffic network to compress the data (or at least that's what I believe) Non-the-less after I removed Onavo the 4G network remained connected. I am sure Onavo will have a new version to combat this issue, but in the mean time try removing any data compression apps to see if that helps. They are easy to reinstall and worth a try.

Thanks guys!
    I've tried everything including a hard reset and couldn't get 4g to connect.
    At some point my connection setting was switched to "global". Switching to LTE fixed my problem.
    Now for all of the other problems . . .

Never mind. That fix really didn't work either.
    This POS phone is just about worthless.

My phone never had any issues with dropping to 3g until my phone manually updated last week. Now it drops pretty frequently. Also have issues with Twitter constantly freezing my phone as soon as I open the app. Samsung is really starting to disappoint me and will be referred to as samsuck

Sent from my Galaxy s4