Ringtone Issues

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi...no matter what I do, my S4 keeps reverting back to a default ringtone called "dawn". There is no pattern that I can establish (i.e. when phone is rebooted or turned off, etc.) Anyone have ideas???

thanks!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been using present AND have also tried ringtones downloaded from Zedge.

Where are you putting the downloaded ringtones? They would have to be in folder called /media/notifications after you have your downloaded ring tones there, simply go in, choose it from the list, and boom your done

Talven lapsi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I started having issues with my Galaxy S4 ringtones after the 4.3 update. I have a custom ringtone, which I set when I got the phone back in spring. It was all working fine. Now, after the update, when someone calls me, it rings as the next (factory) ringtone in my list, though all of the sound settings are still set to my old ringtone. I even added it again. Nothing. It's just somehow not the one that is ringing. Tried googling and didn't find anyone mentioning this problem.
Anyone has any idea what might be the issue here?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I started having issues with my Galaxy S4 ringtones after the 4.3 update. I have a custom ringtone, which I set when I got the phone back in spring. It was all working fine. Now, after the update, when someone calls me, it rings as the next (factory) ringtone in my list, though all of the sound settings are still set to my old ringtone. I even added it again. Nothing. It's just somehow not the one that is ringing. Tried googling and didn't find anyone mentioning this problem.
Anyone has any idea what might be the issue here?

Did you use an App to get or create the customer ringtone? Because I have custom ringtones for my Ringer, 5 email accounts, and text messages as well as new voice mail notification and I have had no issues after the 4.3 update via Telus. But I use no apps to assign or edit them. I download my own ringtones and place them in the correct folder.

Talven lapsi

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
No apps. I have used the same ones on my previous phone too (Nokia). It was just an mp3 file cut off to the part that I liked, transferred via bluetooth and then placed in the appropriate folder. I have the same for my text message ringtone and one contact assigned ringtone. These still work fine, only the main ringtone that got screwed after the update. And I would somehow understand the issue better if I actually saw in the settings that it changes to a different one, but no, the selected ringtone is my custom...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC