Travel Wallpaper?

ManvirS

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
My friends Galaxy s4 has a Thailand one and many ones that I don't havem Why is this? Is there a way that I can remove some of them that I dont like?

Posted via Android Central App

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure what you're asking. Are you saying your friend's S4 includes wallpaper with travel scenes from Thailand? That might be dependent on which cell-phone service your friend bought the phone from, or what country he bought it in. Or did your friend just download them from somewhere?

As for deleting wallpapers that came with the phone, you probably can't do that. I looked in Gallery and with the My Files utility, and couldn't find a folder with the wallpapers. It's probably in a secure area of the phone to which users do not have access without rooting the phone.

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. I assume he didn't download the wallpaper himself? The only other thing I wonder is whether his phone is refurbished, and some wallpaper from the previous owner got left on it. That would be a little alarming. Or could it be possible that the retailer from which he bought his phone added some wallpaper?

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
A new development: I just discovered that when I press and hold the Home screen, and select Set wallpaper, then Lock screen, there is an option called Travel wallpaper. I have never seen this before. If I select Travel wallpaper, I get a message that says, "Display recommended destinations on your lock screen. Receiving travel recommendations via data networks may result in additional charges. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network will not result in additional charges." The last part about additional charges is standard stuff. But I'm puzzled about the "recommended destinations": who is recommending them? Some travel service? Google? This seems questionable and a little spam-like to me, and I'm not going to select it. But perhaps your friend did select it, Manvir, and that's where his wallpapers came from.

I also looked in Application Manager, and found the Travel wallpaper app listed there. There's no indication where it came from (and I can't find it on the Play Store), but it wants a whole lot of permissions that I don't think a wallpaper needs, so I'm going to turn it off.

Spencer Valentine

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
A new development: I just discovered that when I press and hold the Home screen, and select Set wallpaper, then Lock screen, there is an option called Travel wallpaper. I have never seen this before. If I select Travel wallpaper, I get a message that says, "Display recommended destinations on your lock screen. Receiving travel recommendations via data networks may result in additional charges. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network will not result in additional charges." The last part about additional charges is standard stuff. But I'm puzzled about the "recommended destinations": who is recommending them? Some travel service? Google? This seems questionable and a little spam-like to me, and I'm not going to select it. But perhaps your friend did select it, Manvir, and that's where his wallpapers came from.

I also looked in Application Manager, and found the Travel wallpaper app listed there. There's no indication where it came from (and I can't find it on the Play Store), but it wants a whole lot of permissions that I don't think a wallpaper needs, so I'm going to turn it off.

Spencer Valentine

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I use the travel wallpaper all the time, and I think it's great! All it does is cycle through very well taken pictures of famous landmarks from around the world. You can't pick what you see, but you can decide how often it changes, I have mine set to every 3 hours so I can see a lot of pictures in a day. It hasn't slowed down my device or sent me anything spam like. I think it's very cool!

AbrillDarling

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
i have travel walpaper on my galaxsy s5, i do not know how i turned it on, and now i can not find the way to turn it off,
can anyone help me with that?

GnatGoSplat

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the travel wallpaper on the current Lollipop, but it seems to recycle some of the same ones over and over, especially the one that I like the least it seems to want to show me every other day (I have it set to change daily).
Is there any way to choose which ones show up? So far the only option I've found is frequency of change. Is there a similar 3rd party app that is more configurable?

Capncrunchu

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
My friends Galaxy s4 has a Thailand one and many ones that I don't havem Why is this? Is there a way that I can remove some of them that I dont like?

Posted via Android Central App

Honestly , I believe most of these extras on our phones, are there to track everything we do/location. Everyone now a days has a cell phone glued to them, or with them at all times. Why does every app on our phone have so many permissions? I think we all are monitored via satellites, n it stores our daily patterns. When the system picks up an abnormality from your normal behaviors, they can go right in to your cell phone to see why, without you even knowing. If this truth came out, we STILL would continue using them lol. Why? Cause it was set up for us to become dependent on them, and that for sure has been a success. Just think about everything you have stored on it. It's pretty much everything about you. Scary, but Sad truth. I still can't give mine up either. Ugh. But I've been working on mine to get less accessible for them..So I think anyways.lol
Later guys.
(if you don't believe me, well I really don't care honestly. Either way, nothing will change about any of it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude