Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Travel Wallpaper?

My friends Galaxy s4 has a Thailand one and many ones that I don't havem Why is this? Is there a way that I can remove some of them that I dont like?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Travel Wallpaper?

Bump

Not quite sure what you're asking. Are you saying your friend's S4 includes wallpaper with travel scenes from Thailand? That might be dependent on which cell-phone service your friend bought the phone from, or what country he bought it in. Or did your friend just download them from somewhere?

As for deleting wallpapers that came with the phone, you probably can't do that. I looked in Gallery and with the My Files utility, and couldn't find a folder with the wallpapers. It's probably in a secure area of the phone to which users do not have access without rooting the phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

He has the exact same phone and carrier as me.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Same Country and everything same 4.2.2

Hmm. I assume he didn't download the wallpaper himself? The only other thing I wonder is whether his phone is refurbished, and some wallpaper from the previous owner got left on it. That would be a little alarming. Or could it be possible that the retailer from which he bought his phone added some wallpaper?

A new development: I just discovered that when I press and hold the Home screen, and select Set wallpaper, then Lock screen, there is an option called Travel wallpaper. I have never seen this before. If I select Travel wallpaper, I get a message that says, "Display recommended destinations on your lock screen. Receiving travel recommendations via data networks may result in additional charges. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network will not result in additional charges." The last part about additional charges is standard stuff. But I'm puzzled about the "recommended destinations": who is recommending them? Some travel service? Google? This seems questionable and a little spam-like to me, and I'm not going to select it. But perhaps your friend did select it, Manvir, and that's where his wallpapers came from.

I also looked in Application Manager, and found the Travel wallpaper app listed there. There's no indication where it came from (and I can't find it on the Play Store), but it wants a whole lot of permissions that I don't think a wallpaper needs, so I'm going to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-in-Decatur View Post
    A new development: I just discovered that when I press and hold the Home screen, and select Set wallpaper, then Lock screen, there is an option called Travel wallpaper. I have never seen this before. If I select Travel wallpaper, I get a message that says, "Display recommended destinations on your lock screen. Receiving travel recommendations via data networks may result in additional charges. Connecting to a Wi-Fi network will not result in additional charges." The last part about additional charges is standard stuff. But I'm puzzled about the "recommended destinations": who is recommending them? Some travel service? Google? This seems questionable and a little spam-like to me, and I'm not going to select it. But perhaps your friend did select it, Manvir, and that's where his wallpapers came from.

I also looked in Application Manager, and found the Travel wallpaper app listed there. There's no indication where it came from (and I can't find it on the Play Store), but it wants a whole lot of permissions that I don't think a wallpaper needs, so I'm going to turn it off.

I use the travel wallpaper all the time, and I think it's great! All it does is cycle through very well taken pictures of famous landmarks from around the world. You can't pick what you see, but you can decide how often it changes, I have mine set to every 3 hours so I can see a lot of pictures in a day. It hasn't slowed down my device or sent me anything spam like. I think it's very cool!

i have travel walpaper on my galaxsy s5, i do not know how i turned it on, and now i can not find the way to turn it off,
    can anyone help me with that?

Go to lock screen and then travel wallpaper in the settings

Nice looking feature, just turned it on