Samsung Galaxy S4 - Google+ stopped

jasonwltan

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
Just wondering how i can disable this every time i delete a photo from my gallery. Samsung support told me to clear ram but it comes back and I've to keep clearing the ram memory which is annoying! In fact, I'd rather not have Google+ linked to my phone. Any advice? Thanks guys.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1385435777609.jpg
    1385435777609.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 27

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
Just wondering how i can disable this every time i delete a photo from my gallery. Samsung support told me to clear ram but it comes back and I've to keep clearing the ram memory which is annoying! In fact, I'd rather not have Google+ linked to my phone. Any advice? Thanks guys.

I was getting this constantly last week, I actually had to go into my Application Manager and Disable Google+ It happened after an update. I don't use it, could care less so I disabled it.
I am guessing they did a update by now to correct this screw up?

jasonwltan

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Samsung told me to clear the ram n I did. It still came back after a while. Then they tell me my phone is corrupted n need a factory reset! I've also unsynced/logged out my Google+, and same here, I couldn't be bothered about it either. Anyone else have any advice here?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Samsung told me to clear the ram n I did. It still came back after a while. Then they tell me my phone is corrupted n need a factory reset! I've also unsynced/logged out my Google+, and same here, I couldn't be bothered about it either. Anyone else have any advice here?

Personally I am done with Google+. So I have left it disabled in apps.
What pisses me off is the fact in order to have a YouTube account I HAVE to have a Google+ account, So the second I want to make a comment on YouTube, boom reactivates my Google+ which I have disabled. And don't even get me started on Hangouts, I really don't get why people love it so much. HAVE to have a Google+ just to send a bloody pic! Google is integrating way too much. and the more they do the more I do NOT want to use their apps.
If I hear of a fix I will tell you but I honestly don't think Samsung knows what they are talking about in this case. I doubt due to one app doing this, that makes the phone corrupt requiring a factory restore.
It was updated shortly before this started happening which tells me it's on Googles end. Either way, disabled and staying that way!

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Personally I am done with Google+. So I have left it disabled in apps.
What pisses me off is the fact in order to have a YouTube account I HAVE to have a Google+ account, So the second I want to make a comment on YouTube, boom reactivates my Google+ which I have disabled. And don't even get me started on Hangouts, I really don't get why people love it so much. HAVE to have a Google+ just to send a bloody pic! Google is integrating way too much. and the more they do the more I do NOT want to use their apps.
If I hear of a fix I will tell you but I honestly don't think Samsung knows what they are talking about in this case. I doubt due to one app doing this, that makes the phone corrupt requiring a factory restore.
It was updated shortly before this started happening which tells me it's on Googles end. Either way, disabled and staying that way!

They didn't say the phone was corrupt they said a file was which makes complete sense.

Sent from my *PURPLE* S4

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
They didn't say the phone was corrupt they said a file was which makes complete sense.

Sent from my *PURPLE* S4

Yes.....I am well aware of that. The phone IS corrupt due to a bad file. Hence they are stating a factory reset would correct it. Saying the phone is corrupt doesn't necessary mean a hardware issue. Software can corrupt a phone as well, which is exactly what I said. And what I said, is it was due to a Hangouts UPDATE, so Samsung should be refering people to Google, not telling customers the phone is corrupted, when I simple bug fix could correct the issue on Google Hangouts side.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes.....I am well aware of that. The phone IS corrupt due to a bad file. Hence they are stating a factory reset would correct it. Saying the phone is corrupt doesn't necessary mean a hardware issue. Software can corrupt a phone as well, which is exactly what I said. And what I said, is it was due to a Hangouts UPDATE, so Samsung should be refering people to Google, not telling customers the phone is corrupted, when I simple bug fix could correct the issue on Google Hangouts side.

Saying the phone is corrupt and saying a file is corrupt are two different things, lol. The phone being corrupt implies that the phone is bricked or not useable for the most part where a file indicates a smaller problem. And if it is just one file a reset MAY help and a lot faster than waiting for Google to release a bug fix.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Saying the phone is corrupt and saying a file is corrupt are two different things, lol. The phone being corrupt implies that the phone is bricked or not useable for the most part where a file indicates a smaller problem. And if it is just one file a reset MAY help and a lot faster than waiting for Google to release a bug fix.

No saying the phone is BRICKED means just that. The phone can indeed be corupt based on a file causing it! I don't know why I am arguing with you on this, or why you even made a point to post that in the first place when everyone KNEW what was meant.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
No saying the phone is BRICKED means just that. The phone can indeed be corupt based on a file causing it! I don't know why I am arguing with you on this, or why you even made a point to post that in the first place when everyone KNEW what was meant.

Because its a public forum and your comment was incorrect. A corrupted phone and a corrupted file are two very different things. Bricked is slang.

But I hope you being this rude brings you joy of some kind. :D

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Because its a public forum and your comment was incorrect. A corrupted phone and a corrupted file are two very different things. Bricked is slang.

But I hope you being this rude brings you joy of some kind. :D

Apparently you are always right, and even though it wasn't called for, just had to put in your 2 useless cents, when no one actually cares. So I am done arguing with the likes of you and filling the forum with your useless scat. It's impossible to argue with someone that thinks they are always right.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Apparently you are always right, and even though it wasn't called for, just had to put in your 2 useless cents, when no one actually cares. So I am done arguing with the likes of you and filling the forum with your useless scat. It's impossible to argue with someone that thinks they are always right.

I dont understand the need for the hostility if you disagree fine but your attitude is really uncalled for. The point of these forums is for people to put their 2 cents in.