T-Mobile 4.3 updated for s4 is rolling out today you can download it now

sad cricket

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The download went without a hitch. It is nice we are finally able to transfer apps to the SD card. Other than that, I can't see a whole lot of difference.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I installed the update and I'm seeing a good improvement in performance. Before, when I would open folders, there was a bit of a stutter at times. I thought that it was because I had so many apps. Since the update, everytime I open up any folder, there is no stutter whats so ever. I've been opening folders left and right and they open flawlessly. Also, when I use to power up the phone and swipe to enter to the home screen, there was a delay, I thought that it was trying to get access to the network and that's why it was slow. I'm surprised now because i hit the power and swipe up and it goes into the homescreen with out a glitch. The 4.3 has definitely improved perormance.

For the benchmarks. With 4.2.2., Antutu would give me a score about 26,700 peaking at 27,000. First test I ran after the 4.3 update, my antutu score was 28,670..... Same thing on geekbench 3. 4.2.2 single core 680/Multicore 1840...... 4.3 update single core 698/Multicore 2251. And it's really noticeable as far as the OS goes.

Now I have a transparent notification bar on the homescreen, I didn't expect that. My internal memory was 2.18GB with 4.2.2, after the update it's at 2.66GB

Things in the settings and drop down menu have been changed and added, like Reading more and another one which I didn't have before. Now I finally got the apps to sd option. I really like that option, but I would like to see what can actually be moved to the sd card. I moved Asphalt 8 to the sd card, but only a small data went there. I need to look up a list of apps that can actually be moved to the SD card.

In the camera, I didn't see those extra features from the Note 3 added here, that I was expecting for some reason. Not sure if the option to record video with HDR was added or not. To notice these changes, I'll have to play around with the cam a lot more.

I also wanna see if battery life improved any. But right now I'm using the Anker 5200mAh battery, I'll try it out with the stock one later.

So from my observation, this device has become a lot faster. Scrolling between home pages seemed as smooth as the one I was impressed with on the Note 3. Gotta try out a lot more things, but so far this 4.3 update has made the phone better than what it was and I now I've noticed things that were bad with my phone before, but didn't notice they were bad until I got this update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon