Phone turns itself off

Marihoene

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone turns itself off in the middle of doing things, which I first thought was because the battery was drained, but when I go to charge it, it says that there's 40/50 % battery left(I turn the phone on immediately after plugging the charger in). Is there something wrong with the battery?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you turn the phone on again after it has powered off without connecting it to the charger? If you do, then there's something wrong with either the phone's internals or a software glitch. If not, then it's likely to be your battery.

To test the battery you could, if possible, try to use the same battery with the same charge it has left after powering off, on a different S4. That way you rule out the phone as a possibility.

What you could also try is 'resetting' your battery... charge to 100% and then let it discharge until it cannot turn on any longer. Then re-charge to 100% to force the battery to re-calibrate.

Marihoene

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried turning it on before I put the charger in, but I will definitely try next time this problem happens.

It mostly happens when I play a game, though. Might that have something to do with it?

Marihoene

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Bumping this up!

I was able to turn it on, but it only got as far as that (annoying) "intro-sound"(I didn't get to the part where one would type in the pin-code), and then nothing after that. Still had to plug it into a charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21