S4 Black screen every couple of minutes (Like with the S View Cover)

Marnus Nieuwoudt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I got my Samsung S4 a month ago, And I am loving the step up from Blackberry, But I am having a few Issues.
I am having trouble with the screen going black with the Digital Watch and date on it for not even a second every now and again. (It flashes and dissapears)
It is the same screen that comes up when you have the S view cover closed. However I just have a plain cover without a lit and it does it without any cover & screen protector on as well.
It is very irritating cause it does it while I'm typing and it causes the keyboard to minimize.

I've updated from 4.2 to 4.3 and still having this issue.
To be honest I cannot remember exactly when it started so I'm not sure if it could be an app or a hardware issue.
I have tried closing all the apps I was allowed to force stop in the Application Manager and that did not solve my problem.
When I lock my phone the screen also sometimes turns on and stays on after a second or so and I'm not sure if these problems are related?

Additionally I have tried disabling smart stay and the Automatic Unlock option for the S View cover.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks,
Marnus

patneys

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Same phone and same problem here.
Every now and then the phones screen turns black for less than a second and the top half displays the clock, day and date. It happens without any known trigger.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers