Samsung Galaxy 4 battery draining from 95% to 0 in one hour.

Sjanee

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My husband has got an Samsung Galaxy4 he only uses it to receive calls (not often) and to be reached when out on motorbike
doesn't use internet, wifi, or anything else. But the battery is draining at an unbelievable rate I have put in new battery and it makes
no difference, previously the battery would last about 2 weeks before recharging. I had to get it out of the bin he that frustrated with
it. I only got it for him for ease of use as he is 67, but now regret it.

I have turned of everything that I thought might cause this it went fine for a week and now it is back to the fast draining, from 95% to 0 in 1 hour.:mad:

Please help....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi

My husband has got an Samsung Galaxy4 he only uses it to receive calls (not often) and to be reached when out on motorbike
doesn't use internet, wifi, or anything else. But the battery is draining at an unbelievable rate I have put in new battery and it makes
no difference, previously the battery would last about 2 weeks before recharging. I had to get it out of the bin he that frustrated with
it. I only got it for him for ease of use as he is 67, but now regret it.

I have turned of everything that I thought might cause this it went fine for a week and now it is back to the fast draining, from 95% to 0 in 1 hour.:mad:

Please help....

I would try clearing cache in recovery. See if that helps.
This should work, follow instructions for the S3: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
Let it charge powered off, and boot directly into recovery.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, take a look at the battery stats screen and see if there is anything running which could be draining battery. Little things, such as having the screen brightness settings automatic or set to high can cause significant battery drain. Try lowering it below 50 percent.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app