- 1 Posts
Photo prints from Galaxy S4
I have been taking photos in the 13Mp 4x3 format. and video mostly in the horizontal mode.
When I go to a machine in the store to print the photos I want 6x4 prints. Because of the 4x3 format in the phone will I need to do any adjustments/corrections in the phone or on the print machine to get 6x4 without borders and will the prints capture all the picture that I took or will they be cropped??
Hope someone can help and oh yes, keep it simple please.
- 12-02-2013, 08:21 PM #2
Re: Photo prints from Galaxy S4
I think you can do the math here... 4x3 and 6x4 ARE different aspect ratios. So, your 4x3 photos are NOT going to print out properly on a 6x4 output. So, you're looking at one of three options (usually available at the printing machine, but you can also pre-process the photo in any photo app in your phone):
1) You print them out with 'bars' on the picture, so you don't really get a full 6x4 print and the result will end up looking 'smaller', since you're getting a 4x3 frame inside a larger one.
2) You crop the picture to fit the 6x4 but then you lose stuff from the original photo.
3) You don't crop the picture and force it to print on a 6x4 frame. The result? A morphed picture that doesn't look quite right, since it's stretched.
- By Xapakupu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 5Last Post: 12-06-2013, 11:59 PM
- By mbressman in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 16Last Post: 12-04-2013, 11:53 AM
- By Greg C in forum AndroidCentral.com - Site News, Feedback and HelpReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2013, 09:53 AM
- By DeusEx in forum Sprint HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM
- By terryleeyessiree in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2013, 05:34 PM