Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Exclamation Samsung Galaxy S4 - Help!!! S-View screen randomly flashes while using device

Hey guys. Really need some help with this. You know the S-view screen? The black screen that shows time, date and notifications? That screen flashes on and off for like a second while i'm using the phone. The thing is , i don't have an s-view cover. What gives? Sometimes while my locked phone is laying on the desk, the screen will turn on and unlock without me being near it. Please help. Any way to turn off the s-view feature? And no, turning off Settings > Accessory > S-view automatic unlock .... does not help.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Help!!! S-View screen randomly flashes while using device

hi have the same problem are find the solution already?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Help!!! S-View screen randomly flashes while using device

My S4 flashed while typing, playing games etc. It was so frustrating. I did a bit of research and found uninstalling Google Chrome is all it takes. It worked for me - it is like I have a new phone. I am so happy, I hope it works for you

- - - Updated - - -

My S4 flashed while typing, playing games etc. It was so frustrating. I did a bit of research and found uninstalling Google Chrome is all it takes. It worked for me - it is like I have a new phone. I am so happy, I hope it works for you

Quote Originally Posted by seanavery72 View Post
    can't uninstall Google crome , it only can be disabled. .....how can I solve this stupid problmes.......

Hey everyone,
    I just joined this forum. I want to know if any one has any solution to the problem mentioned by OP.
    Google Chrome fix didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance.

I believe I have found a fix for this issue, go to settings>my device>display and then scroll down until you see the "Auto adjust screen tone" option and un-tick the box. Hope this helps!

Had the same problem, very irritating. Was definitely worse when there was low data connection speed. Tried all options suggested on the forums without success.

Resolved it by removing my 3rd party cover. This cover had an aluminum back and silicone frame. The aluminum had a couple of dents and the silicone was feeling rough, so I wanted to replace it. Put back the original plastic back cover. I have not had the problem since.

I'm guessing that over the months the soft rubber became ingrained with dirt and dust particles which held a static charge that was enhanced by low connectivity and interfered with the magnetic lock switch on the S4.

Anyone else manage to resolve this in the same way?

Posted via the Android Central App

Hi, I have the same time-flash issue. While typing, the black time screen will flash at random times when typing. It always happens when my phone gets to a lower data connectivity type, as mentioned above, it happens when the phone has Edge connection and not 3G or HSDPA connection.

No settings changes have fixed this. Funny thing is, I had this issue with the samsung galaxy S1, and have the same issue with my S4. My brother that also has an S4 dont seem to have this issue at all, but he's with a different service.

So from experience, on all galaxy models I had/have (and in different countries), the same problem occurs when I'm on Edge connection. I wish I could find a proper fix for this or that Samsung could have done these tests.

Another suspicion; if it's because of bad reception (down to Edge) why is it only on certain service providers? Does these in any way effect a refresh/resetting in function or code transmission? Maybe that doesn't make sence, but maybe it does make more sence than seeing the time refresh 10 times while typing a short message.

Marcel, have you tried unchecking auto-time updates and deselect the network time adjust? And finally for good measure deselect any world time settings you may have setup. It solved my similar issues at home where I have very poor cellular reception.
    SM-N910F 4.4.4 stock
    I-9500 4.4.2 rooted and cleaned.
    SM-P605 4.4.2 stock

Bosbouer, thank you for the suggestions. I just made those changes, and unfortunately it's still happening. I was just on H+ connection and when it switched to Edge, the flashes staryed again. About 20 flashes while trying to type this. Lol