Samsung 64gb Class 10 micro SD Card Problem

Aylin Fleri

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

About a week ago I purchased a 64gb Samsung micro SD card from ebay. When I received the item I tried it on my Samsung Galaxy s4 GT-i9500 phone and it didn't work properly. Sometimes it read the card; sometimes it didn't. Whenever I tried to move a picture or whatever from my phone to the SD card it always tells me "moving failed" or whenever I tried to create a folder in the SD card "creation failed" always, rarely working, and afterwards it stops reading the SD card and starts telling me Total Space - 0.00 and I have to restart my phone so it could read it again.

What I don't understand is that it works perfectly fine on my Laptop, and I tried it on my friends S4 (GT-i9500) and he got the same problem as me. Then I tried it on an another S4 but this time it was the GT-i9505 and it worked fine. I also tried it on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it also worked just fine.

So what I don't understand is, why is it not working on the GT-i9500? I've been trying to figure this out for days now and it's really starting to make me mad. I tried absolutely everything....I guess.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

About a week ago I purchased a 64gb Samsung micro SD card from ebay. When I received the item I tried it on my Samsung Galaxy s4 GT-i9500 phone and it didn't work properly. Sometimes it read the card; sometimes it didn't. Whenever I tried to move a picture or whatever from my phone to the SD card it always tells me "moving failed" or whenever I tried to create a folder in the SD card "creation failed" always, rarely working, and afterwards it stops reading the SD card and starts telling me Total Space - 0.00 and I have to restart my phone so it could read it again.

What I don't understand is that it works perfectly fine on my Laptop, and I tried it on my friends S4 (GT-i9500) and he got the same problem as me. Then I tried it on an another S4 but this time it was the GT-i9505 and it worked fine. I also tried it on a Samsung Galaxy S3 and it also worked just fine.

So what I don't understand is, why is it not working on the GT-i9500? I've been trying to figure this out for days now and it's really starting to make me mad. I tried absolutely everything....I guess.

Did you try formatting it from the phone? That's what I did with mine & it has worked fine ever since.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

fingertrick

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't recall the member who mentioned a similar issue and his explanation on what he did to offer assistance to those who may be helped.. however.. and now since I'm actually having a corrupt same sd card type.. San disk though on vzws jltevzw 545 after 2 months of bliss im asking myself if i can perhaps get some insight too. however, the nice guy offered his plan which was to call the manufacturer.. say it's corrupt.. be aware it's a known issue and should be under warranty depending on your method of purchase.. if legit than they replace parts..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it is a real Samsung card. Lots of counterfeit cards on the market. Can you post the eBay link for the card or the seller.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Aylin Fleri

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it is a real Samsung card. Lots of counterfeit cards on the market. Can you post the eBay link for the card or the seller.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

This is the one I purchased Microsd Samsung 64 GB Clase 10 Micro SD Memory Card Tarjeta Memoria SDHC 64GB | eBay

I don't think its a counterfeit but I can't be sure either. What I'm confused about is why it doesn't work on the S4 GT-i9500 and it works on the GT-i9505 and even on a Samsung S3. It also works on my Laptop without problems.

Gezim Lanaj

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2