1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default S4 Call Quality

Hi everyone,

I am an iPhone user and really wanted a change so I went out and got a Galaxy S4. It's definitely an impressive phone and I'm loving everything about it. But one thing I discovered was first the quality of the earpiece. The volume is on high but the person on the other end still sounds somewhat faded like they're talking into a can almost. After making a few test calls with the S4 and again on the iPhone 5s I was told that I sounded a little lower as well compared to my iPhone. I was wondering if this is the way it's supposed to sound or am I just used to the volume on my iPhone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: S4 Call Quality

Quote Originally Posted by medboo View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am an iPhone user and really wanted a change so I went out and got a Galaxy S4. It's definitely an impressive phone and I'm loving everything about it. But one thing I discovered was first the quality of the earpiece. The volume is on high but the person on the other end still sounds somewhat faded like they're talking into a can almost. After making a few test calls with the S4 and again on the iPhone 5s I was told that I sounded a little lower as well compared to my iPhone. I was wondering if this is the way it's supposed to sound or am I just used to the volume on my iPhone?

Is the person on the other end on speaker or perhaps covering their mic? I can hear people just fine on my S4

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

I did a test call from my S4 and from my iPhone and they sounded clearer on the iPhone. I wasn't sure if it was the S4 phone itself or maybe that I'm used to the sound from my iPhone.

Global Posts
    5,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

I did a test call from my S4 and from my iPhone and they sounded clearer on the iPhone. I wasn't sure if it was the S4 phone itself or maybe that I'm used to the sound from my iPhone.

I think the iPhone doesn't have a better earpiece but the S4's isn't that bad. Does sound kinda "tinny" sometimes I guess. Like coming from a can

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Hi everyone,

Ita just audible for me ..why not try with other s4 model

I made two changes that made a big difference in my GS4 - I turned off all options in 'Personalize Call Sound' and turned off 'Noise Reduction'