1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung S4 wet and saying needs factory charger

My wifes phone got dropped in water and pulled out right away. The phone works in every capacity however now any charger that we plug into it (including the factory one that came with it in the box) it gives an error message saying that This phone can only be charged with the factory charger and for safety reasons is stopping it from charging.

I checked the battery in my phone and it works fine and is able to charge in my phone. Not sure what else to try for her phone, anyone else have this issue and find a fix for it?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    4,494 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Default Re: Samsung S4 wet and saying needs factory charger

Maybe something inside the phone itself is messed up from the water? Did you guys let it dry out completely (put it in a bowl of rice) before turning it back on?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Unfortunately i did not find out about it till later, it never turned off so she had it on for a while (till i got home that night) at which point i put it in rice. I checked the next day however it still is doing it, not sure if it needs longer than that in the rice.

I'd keep it in the bowl of rice a day longer and see what happens. It's likely that it got damaged when it went into water but kept using it. Did you pull the battery out right after it got wet?
    Samsung - Galaxy S 4 4G with 16GB Memory Mobile Phone - Blue Arctic (AT&T) - 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by sshamma View Post
    My wifes phone got dropped in water and pulled out right away. The phone works in every capacity however now any charger that we plug into it (including the factory one that came with it in the box) it gives an error message saying that This phone can only be charged with the factory charger and for safety reasons is stopping it from charging.

I checked the battery in my phone and it works fine and is able to charge in my phone. Not sure what else to try for her phone, anyone else have this issue and find a fix for it?

Thanks.
    if it's damaged on the usb connector your best option is to pick wireless charging option for you phone chances are it'll cost you more to fix the phone but at least you have option.