1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Galaxy S4 - Connection Problems

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for almost 3 weeks now and love it so far. I noticed there's a big update. (going to 4.3) My friend told me to download Samsung Kies which I did last night. I tried to synch my contacts to google today. It said they were already alike so I couldn't do it (basically) All my pictures AND ringtones/music are on the sd card so I really don't have to worry about that one. My computer recognizes it when I plug it in as a media device and I can see all my files etc. I can't seem to do the firmware upgrade though! It goes to 100% pretty fast and then Kies just freezes. It's telling me to connect a device when it's already connected. Guess it's not recognizing it. Are there more Drivers I need to install and if so, where do I get them from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dana

Global Posts
    14,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 - Connection Problems

Quote Originally Posted by dlw1967 View Post
    I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 for almost 3 weeks now and love it so far. I noticed there's a big update. (going to 4.3) My friend told me to download Samsung Kies which I did last night. I tried to synch my contacts to google today. It said they were already alike so I couldn't do it (basically) All my pictures AND ringtones/music are on the sd card so I really don't have to worry about that one. My computer recognizes it when I plug it in as a media device and I can see all my files etc. I can't seem to do the firmware upgrade though! It goes to 100% pretty fast and then Kies just freezes. It's telling me to connect a device when it's already connected. Guess it's not recognizing it. Are there more Drivers I need to install and if so, where do I get them from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dana
    What carrier do you have?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Have you tried an over-the-air update, either using wifi or your mobile data connection?
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I went ahead and did the update on my phone for Galaxy S4 from 4.2.2 to 4.3. The firmware also updated so I got around that problem. I have T-Mobile. Now that I have the update, I have another puzzling thing. Deleting Text Messages has changed. You used to be able to click on the MENU key and then pick which messages you could delete. That's now gone!!! If I hold down on one message sometimes I get the delete option. Sometimes I get the delete option on the actual contact. Obviously I don't want to delete the entire contact. Anybody have an answer? I've also gotta try downloading that Yahoo Mail app as I can't seem to use Yahoo on a consistent basis unless I'm on Wifi.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Now the messages I want to delete seem to be working. But you never know. Very odd!!!! Just installed the Yahoo Mail app and it updated my email right away. NO failure messages! So I think I'll use it and see what happens.
    Last edited by dlw1967; 12-06-2013 at 01:42 PM.