1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy 4 Problem

Hey I have a Samsung S4 GT I9505 and have it like 3months now. earlier today I'am using my phone inside the bus playing mp3 and playing a game 2fuse to be exact..
    but my phone suddenly shuts down it still have 30% left.. I turned it on.. Displayed the samsung logo but doesnt go to the dock or home screen.. It keeps turning on shows the samsung logo then off again.. so i removed the battery and turned it on again and does it again... I got tired so i just slept when i woke up maybe 30 mins or 1 hr i turned it on and displays the home screen now when i looked at the battery percent it increased to 40%(I 'am not ****ting you. I was confused too why and how did that happened.) I think the problem is the battery.. I posted here just to confirm things
    I examined the battery and it kinda looks bloated.. before this happened today.. it happened yesterday but i thought im having a low battery/no battery left so i charged it..

so... am i correct? is it the battery? thank you for replying and helping me

Samsung Galaxy 4 Problem-1463004_10201652674056806_437173799_n.jpg

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 4 Problem

it has to be the battery i heard a lot of bad things about that phones battery you should get a battery replacement but get a extended battery life one
    If I helped hit that thanks button

^^^ Definitely a bad battery.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon - SCH-I545) - Android 4.3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Zenick View Post
    it has to be the battery i heard a lot of bad things about that phones battery you should get a battery replacement but get a extended battery life one
    Can you specify what battery should i buy? and can i buy it at the samsung store?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Castro View Post
    Can you specify what battery should i buy? and can i buy it at the samsung store?
    here is a link buy it from here these have some great reveiws.
    Amazon.com: Hyperion Samsung Galaxy S4 5200mAh Extended Battery + Black Back Cover (Compatible With ALL Samsung Galaxy S 4 Models) [18 Month Warranty] **NOW WITH NFC / Google Wallet**: Cell Phones & Accessories

this will also last a lot longer than the original battery when you got the phone

Just be aware that extended batteries will give you limited to no case options as the back cover extends. Also, buy carefully because not all batteries are equal. The link above to Hyperion has gotten positive reviews though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Just be aware that extended batteries will give you limited to no case options as the back cover extends. Also, buy carefully because not all batteries are equal. The link above to Hyperion has gotten positive reviews though.

As far as I know, I think the Hyperion comes with a back case too

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Zenick View Post
    As far as I know, I think the Hyperion comes with a back case too
    Not sure but it may. I'm just posting this for reference in case one prefers say a SAMSUNG branded case over any.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I think i saw this while browsing for the batteries... Is this the big *** battery and the back cover of the s4 is like curved because the battery is so big?

Just go to a Samsung service centre and they will replace your battery for no cost, that's what they did for me, they already know about this problem with the battery, any of these guys on this site could have told you that, ok

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Castro View Post
    I think i saw this while browsing for the batteries... Is this the big *** battery and the back cover of the s4 is like curved because the battery is so big?
    Yes, the battery will need some extra room because it is a little bigger and will last a lot longer.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon Denison1 View Post
    Just go to a Samsung service centre and they will replace your battery for no cost, that's what they did for me, they already know about this problem with the battery, any of these guys on this site could have told you that, ok

Posted via Android Central App

Idk if i can still do that... but I'll try thanks
    Last edited by Stanley Castro; 12-08-2013 at 12:10 AM.