1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SGH-M919 series-Cracked Screen/Need to retrieve my data from it.

Hey everyone! Im new to this and wanted to know if there is anyway I can retrieve my information off of my cracked screen phone?! My phone works! I can hear incoming calls, notifications, etc. BUT screen is BLACK. Cannot see anything! I downloaded KIES to my laptop to try and do it that way but unfortunately I remembered I swipe locked my phone beforehand and KIES says I need to unlock it before I can get anything. UGH! Not sure what to do at this point! Super devastated and scared! Anything will help. Thanks!!

Global Posts
    5,538 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: SGH-M919 series-Cracked Screen/Need to retrieve my data from it.

Quote Originally Posted by cerissa33 View Post
    Hey everyone! Im new to this and wanted to know if there is anyway I can retrieve my information off of my cracked screen phone?! My phone works! I can hear incoming calls, notifications, etc. BUT screen is BLACK. Cannot see anything! I downloaded KIES to my laptop to try and do it that way but unfortunately I remembered I swipe locked my phone beforehand and KIES says I need to unlock it before I can get anything. UGH! Not sure what to do at this point! Super devastated and scared! Anything will help. Thanks!!
    Welcome to Android Central
    When you plug in your phone does it open a window saying you can view files? When I plug mine in it allows the transfer of data/files. It should be in "My Computer" but I'm not sure if it will work with a locked phone
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: SGH-M919 series-Cracked Screen/Need to retrieve my data from it.

Yeah I tried that to and no files appear. I usually don't lock my phone and this time I did. Go figure!