Help. Music on SD card?

dduongtf3150

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I just recently got my samsung galaxy S4 and updated it to the latest version (I cant find the name but it is the latest as of 7th december). I noticed one thing weird when I add music (mp3 file) to my newly bought 32 GB SanDisk SD card is that certain songs aren't working. They play for the first 2 seconds and it stops playing. It doesn't affect all the songs on my SD card and when try to play it on the computer, it works perfectly. I sync music to my s4 via Kies (Version 2.6.1) and I can play that music on Kies but not on my phone. However, when I try to sync it to my phones internal memory, the problem disappears and I can play the whole song.
It's frustrating because I have a large music collection and sadly, the largest capacity S4 phone they sell in Australia is 16gb hence the need for a 32GB SD card. I really doubt the problem is the SD card itself since its brand new and I'm pretty sure its not the mp3 file either because it works fine on my computer, on Kies music player, vlc, or even on the phone when stored in its internal memory.
So is there a solution to this?

Thanks

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Download the free trial to PlayerPro and see if that solves the issue. We can determine is maybe the built in application is causing a conflict with the SD Card which is a possibility given that the files work elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
People (including me) sometimes have problems with SD cards working properly in Samsung phones, so it could be the SD card. I'd try the solution Eclipse2K suggests above first. If that doesn't work, another thing you can do to test the SD card is to set your phone's camera to save pictures to the SD card, then shoot a bunch of test pictures. If they show up OK in gallery and continue to look OK after a few days then the SD card is probably OK. If the pictures disappear or start to look goofy (like lots of lines instead of the picture) then there's probably a problem with the SD card.

dduongtf3150

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Thanks guys for your help. Sadly, none of the options worked so I think my newly purchased SD card isn't working. So for now, I've used both my 2GB SD card and the S4's internal memory to store some of my songs until later.
But if I was to purchase another SD card, how would I know would it work or not? Because the 32GB SD card claims to work on smartphones and it reads everything on the computer. So in that sense, it works fine everywhere except the S4. Is there a website or list somewhere that lists what SD cards are/aren't compatible with the S4?

Thanks

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Thanks guys for your help. Sadly, none of the options worked so I think my newly purchased SD card isn't working. So for now, I've used both my 2GB SD card and the S4's internal memory to store some of my songs until later.
But if I was to purchase another SD card, how would I know would it work or not? Because the 32GB SD card claims to work on smartphones and it reads everything on the computer. So in that sense, it works fine everywhere except the S4. Is there a website or list somewhere that lists what SD cards are/aren't compatible with the S4?

Thanks

From what I've seen, even cards that are definitely compatible may become corrupted in Samsung devices, so compatibility will not guarantee you won't have problems with the card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app