galaxy s4

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
My verizon GS4 just over heated. I took out the battery and it seems to be working fine. I'm just wondering, what can I do to avoid this from happening again? Please help!

Posted via Android Central App

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My verizon GS4 just over heated. I took out the battery and it seems to be working fine. I'm just wondering, what can I do to avoid this from happening again? Please help!

When you say "overheated," do you mean it shut down or gave you a warning about overheating, or that it just felt very hot in your hand? What were you doing with the phone when it overheated? Playing games, for example, may really heat up the phone's internal electronics.

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
My phone was pretty much on my holster the whole time. I noticed this morning that my battery percentage was going down drastically, but I didn't think anything of it. About an hour later I look at my phone and it's at 50% and extremely hot. The first initial thing I did was take out the battery for it to cool off. Once it did, I put it back together and now here I am seeking some answers to try and prevent it from happening again. I've got my blue tooth on with my galaxy gear connected, so I'm wondering if that could be the problem. Before I purchased my gear my blue tooth was always connected to my car. Hopefully you can help.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted and running any custom ROMS or kernels? What apps were running when this happened? Were you in solid cell coverage? Lots of things can affect battery life and processor usage...

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to how android works. I had an iPhone 5 and switched because there was nothing intriguing about the iPhone 5. Now when you say rooted, what does that mean? I believe the only app running was hangouts. During the morning I normally just text back and forth.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Rooted just means modifying the system to give yourself administrative (root) access to system files. Since you asked you probably are not rooted. I asked because some custom kernels and other root modifications have been known to cause the symptoms you described.

You can press and hold your Home key at any time to see what apps are actually in memory at any time. Running just Hangouts wouldn't likely cause what you experienced.

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You might want to check if there's a battery problem. One symptom would be the battery swelling, which can be detected by removing the battery, placing it on a flat, smooth surface, and seeing if it will easily spin if you give it a push on one of its corners.

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I've pulled the battery and it seems to fit just fine in to the back of the phone. Wouldn't battery swelling restrict the phone from snapping in properly?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon