Help resetting Galaxy S4 to stock
While attempting to fix the 4.3 issues, at some point I attempted a root to load a custom firmware. I don't believe I ever succeeded as a super user check regurarly fails. I am switching out to a new phone with my carrier and I'm worried that they'll charge me for the phone. When I start up the phone now, it shows Samsung with an unlocked icon and under it showing "Custom". This makes me worry that per their rules and regulations, they'll say I altered the phone.
How at this point do I get it 100% back to stock? I did a master reset; however it didn't change the boot splash screen.
Re: Help resetting Galaxy S4 to stock
Just did some searching and appears others have reported this as well ... and they are stock. I never loaded a custom firmware or anything. I only attempted to gain super access and it failed so I removed everything from then. So is there any way to get rid of this to avoid possible issues when I return it? I don't know if I did this or if it was like this when I got it (it's a refurb from the carrier).
- By wmscottmc in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 02-27-2014, 09:20 AM
- By D3MX in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 19Last Post: 12-14-2013, 01:58 PM
- By simpmg in forum T-Mobile Galaxy S Blaze 4GReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
- By camcam9406 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2013, 01:22 AM
- By obstructer in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2013, 11:37 AM