1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Help resetting Galaxy S4 to stock

Hey all,

While attempting to fix the 4.3 issues, at some point I attempted a root to load a custom firmware. I don't believe I ever succeeded as a super user check regurarly fails. I am switching out to a new phone with my carrier and I'm worried that they'll charge me for the phone. When I start up the phone now, it shows Samsung with an unlocked icon and under it showing "Custom". This makes me worry that per their rules and regulations, they'll say I altered the phone.

How at this point do I get it 100% back to stock? I did a master reset; however it didn't change the boot splash screen.

Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Help resetting Galaxy S4 to stock

Just did some searching and appears others have reported this as well ... and they are stock. I never loaded a custom firmware or anything. I only attempted to gain super access and it failed so I removed everything from then. So is there any way to get rid of this to avoid possible issues when I return it? I don't know if I did this or if it was like this when I got it (it's a refurb from the carrier).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Help resetting Galaxy S4 to stock

I tried following this, and this is what I was doing before that failed (motochopper). After running run.bat the install goes and then just says "failure" in the command prompt (). So I'm not sure what to do here; however could really use some help.

Thanks