Torrented Files Stay on Phone but Don't Exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc109

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
So I recently downloaded music on the Android uTorrent app, about 1.7GB size. When it completed, I couldn't find the files anywhere on my system using "File Manager" which I find better than ES File Explorer or other similar apps. Because I couldn't find the files, I decided to delete them on the app. However, the files remain and my Settings->More->Storage->Used Space says that my downloads are taking up about 1.7GB. So, I delete everything in my downloads with File Manager and clean out residual files, but the problem remains. Anyone knows where the torrent files are being stored? I tried searching for them in my file explorer but nothing came up. I know it's because of the downloaded files because I used to have 5.1GB of free storage and now I only have 3.4GB.
Any fixes?

Thanks!

PS: I have an AT&T Galaxy S4 running Android 4.3

jc109

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Clean Master??

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah, I've cleaned out residual files and checked big files >10MB but nothing shows up. I forgot to mention that in my download folder, it shows that there's a file that I suspect is the actual torrent file because it's named the same but it shows that it is 0.0B and I can't delete it because if I try, the app tells me that it doesn't exist. I suspect that might be part of the problem.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I remember in Windows there was a similar thing with a bit torrent app/files. It's probably in Android/ or System/Data somewhere.

In ES File Explorer tick the Show Hidden Files and Folders thing. See if you can find it in a folder in Data.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hate to say it but a factory reset may be your only option. I do one every now and then just to clean the cobwebs out. It's nice to have a fresh copy of the OS, just a pain in the **** to set everything back up.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hate to say it but a factory reset may be your only option. I do one every now and then just to clean the cobwebs out. It's nice to have a fresh copy of the OS, just a pain in the **** to set everything back up.

That's not the OP's issue...

jc109

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
So I redownloaded the torrent file, and it took no time because it was already completed and the file's are somewhere in my device. If I press the play button in the uTorrent app, I can indeed view all the files but the folder doesn't show up in any file explorer in my downloads section. However, like I said before, there's a file that I suspect is the problem and I cannot delete it; it essentially doesn't exist in all but display. I tried looking through all the data folders, but I can't find anything. When I downloaded a different torrent, the folder did indeed show up in Download so I know it's not a uTorrent problem.

Last edited:

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Please help! This is taking up almost 2gb of data on my phone!

Maybe as someone else suggested, if you have searched your phone and can't find where that spaces has gone, try to back up your data and then do a factory reset. It will require reinstalling all your apps and wipe all the texts and data on your phone, etc.

Chris ayres1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Torrent files are not stored in the downloads folder. Use your file explorer and navigate to a torrents folder, that will be where they are lurking!

Posted via Android Central App

Chris ayres1

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Also within the android utorrent app there is an option to set the download directory (as with the desktop version) open utorrent on your phone and check where your files are being downloaded to...

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You downloaded music? I believe piracy is against the forum rules.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance