128 gb card

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
No, because the S4 only supports up to 64GB. However I don't know if it does like the Xbox and take the maximum it can and leave the rest of there's extra

Posted via Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
No, because the S4 only supports up to 64GB. However I don't know if it does like the Xbox and take the maximum it can and leave the rest of there's extra

I would think if the 128gb supports the standards, it would be fine. I suppose there is always some new wrinkle.

But is your statement that there is an actual limitation based on the advertising and specs that say "and can expand up to 64gb?"

Because I presumed those ads and specs were generally so stated because 64gb was the highest capacity available MicroSD card. To my knowledge, it still is. Are there 128gb microsd cards out? Just went over to Amazon, saw none in microsd at that capacity.

Edible Walrus

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I would think if the 128gb supports the standards, it would be fine. I suppose there is always some new wrinkle.

But is your statement that there is an actual limitation based on the advertising and specs that say "and can expand up to 64gb?"

Because I presumed those ads and specs were generally so stated because 64gb was the highest capacity available MicroSD card. To my knowledge, it still is. Are there 128gb microsd cards out? Just went over to Amazon, saw none in microsd at that capacity.

Its specs actually say 64GB
Samsung Galaxy S4, 4G, 3G, WiFi, 13MP Camera, 5“ Full HD, 1.9 GHz - Samsung UK - TECH SPECS

I remember seeing up to 64GB when I was researching it before purchase and then got the highest capacity card it supported

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Its specs actually say 64GB
Samsung Galaxy S4, 4G, 3G, WiFi, 13MP Camera, 5?€œ Full HD, 1.9 GHz - Samsung UK - TECH SPECS

I remember seeing up to 64GB when I was researching it before purchase and then got the highest capacity card it supported

I believe that is Samsung's way (and most manufacturers' way) of saying that the most it can expand to is 64gb because that was the largest card on the market. I'm not aware that there is a 128gb microsd card out yet, but I'm virtually certain there wasn't one when the S4 came out.

Well, an option would be to get the 128GB card and try it. If for some reason it really doesn't work use a Meenova.

gp8.3

Everyone keeps talking about 128gb microSD cards as if they exist. News to me, which I guess is possible. ;)

I've done some quick searches in response to this thread---I found zip on Amazon. I guess maybe I've missed one.

But does anyone actually know of a major manufacturer making 128gb microSDXC cards? I'd be psyched to try it.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 128gb micro SD I use in my laptop for additional storage (it only has a 128gb sad in it). I'll try it in my optimus g pro later to see if it registers.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a 128gb micro SD I use in my laptop for additional storage (it only has a 128gb sad in it). I'll try it in my optimus g pro later to see if it registers.

Where did you buy this 128gb micro sd card from ?

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Amazon, I'm from the UK and there's loads on there. I'm assuming them being sdxc is maybe reason they aren't being read.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Amazon, I'm from the UK and there's loads on there. I'm assuming them being sdxc is maybe reason they aren't being read.

Can you provide a link? I just checked Amazon UK, and while there are plenty of full size 128gb cards, I saw 0 microSD cards. Are you sure what you have in the laptop is a MICROsd card (anything at 128gb is SDXC by definition).

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
If it does take 128GB is it worth me getting a 128GB card? I barely use any of my 64GB one

Why would you want a pricey 128gb---the price is always high when they first come out and this isn't on the market yet, evidently---if you're barely using the 64? Wait and see how it goes. If you fill up space and need more and the next gen is finally out....go for it. If not, you won't have wasted the money. And 128gb evidently doesn't exist at the moment in any event.

Homer_Cooper

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I see amazon sells them for $120. So not to bad considering it just came out. going to wait a few months for the price to drop to around $75 and pick one up. The 64GB in my S4 is full. So I've been waiting for this.
41J5SBMCgGL._SL150_.jpg

bodum02

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
That sounds great in writing. In practice, not so sure. Remember the corruption issues with sd cards and s4. I'm using a 32g SAMSUNG sd card in my s4 and some pics were corrupted on vacation just last week. Not ALL, just random pics. Thank goodness as soon as I was back in the hotel and on wifi they all are backed up to Dropbox so only a few were lost. Only some favorites!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
That sounds great in writing. In practice, not so sure. Remember the corruption issues with sd cards and s4. I'm using a 32g SAMSUNG sd card in my s4 and some pics were corrupted on vacation just last week. Not ALL, just random pics. Thank goodness as soon as I was back in the hotel and on wifi they all are backed up to Dropbox so only a few were lost. Only some favorites!

Did you originally format the card in the device? I've never had a problem when doing so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza