| || |
Re: media storage app not working
Well its still not working even after I forced the 11/20 update today. When I go to the stock Media Gallery it is empty. However when I use QuickPic all my pics are there. With VPlayer I can also navigate to my media files. Some apps like MX Player and Skifta rely on the media library in order to function and provide no navigation function.
The simplest way to replicate the problem is:
1) take a short 3 second video
2) open stock Media Gallery and see that the video thumbnail is present, and then play the video
3) use ASTRO to move the video file from /storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Camera one level up to /storage/sdcard0/DCIM
4) open stock Media Gallery to see that it is now empty
5) use ASTRO to move the video file back to its original location
6) helplessly attempt (with various actions and/or apps) to get the video file to show up in Media Gallery again
7) check this forum hourly for any hope of finding an answer
Since the update I've tried Rescan Media, Gallery Refresh, and SD Rescan, all doing zilch for me. I've done the clear cache thing as well.
Now I'm getting pissed off.
Posted via Android Central App