Samsung Galaxy S4 - SD card issue

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 - genuine purchase and upgraded to Jelly bean(4.3) as per the Samsung official upgrade schedule.
I am using the Sandisk 64gb SD card.

One issue I am facing is that sometimes (sporadically), my camera says it cannot save images to my SD card...
Then all the apps I have moved to my SD card also cannot be recognized...the apps image on the home screen also turns into an Android robot image.
If I power off and on the phone, all works well.
Is this a SD card issue or of the phone...any help in overcoming this issue would greatly help.:'(

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
From what I have been reading, moving apps to the SD card is not a piece of cake..I am using a Sanddisk 64gb in my Note 3, and it works flawlessly. Did you have the phone format the card?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Like the above post said. Have you formatted the SD card?
If so, on your PC or your phone? If you haven't, I'd recommend moving everything elsewhere, then formatting the card on your phone. That way it gets reset to the phone's stock settings :)

Posted via Android Central App

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks both...yes I had formatted my SD card first when I bought it on my phone itself.
Also, I have moved some apps onto my SD card from the Settings-->Application Manager-->Move to SD card

Anything else I should do now...

Ty Tiamiyu

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I was struggling with this issue all day but finally found a solution. Just hold the power button on the left side of your S4 then when the options come up select reboot options at the bottom then select reboot. Your phone will then restart and It'll take a few seconds maybe a minute but your S4 will recognize the SD card and life will be back to normal. Good luck!

ranajit saha

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it's problem with your card or lose port.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using AC Forums mobile app

No it's not a problem with the SD card. I have checked with 3 sandisk SD cards- one normal 4gb and two class 10 16gb. But had and still having same problem. Samsung has changed my motherboard but it hasn't solved yet. Just SD getting formatted automatically has solved.

Posted via Android Central App from Samsung GALAXY S4 (GT-I9500)

Douglas Byrne Jr

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you try Samsung's SD-cards ? SanDisk sometimes has compatibility issues

Having same exact issue with my second Samsung 64gb class 10 micro sd card in gs4, best buy blue edition. Getting furious with this, files also randomly vanishing with no trace of their former existence. Called samsung, they said this is a normal issue with this decive, the lady said she will get upwards of a dozen calls daily regarding this exact issue. The trash it is for my gs4 (metaphorically speaking). Looks like I will succumb to the ladders of the non - expandable memory world. I will NOT accept that my precious files will randomly disappear like many gs4 users have. Think I will be calling that guy from craigslist about trading for an htc one.

Terry Newman

May 7, 2014
Visit site
the issue is only with 32 gb or bigger SD cards, i have purchased 3 - 32gb class 10 cards from different manf including Samsung and I get the same results. when attaching to PC via the usb port can not always find the ext- SD card on phone. format the SD from the phone load it on the PC down load files every thing works while loaded in PC. reinstall it into the phone and all photos and music file corrupt and are unreadable. loaded a 16gb card and everything work fine with USB or loading file on computer and reinstalling it in S4 phone. Samsung has something wrong with their OS to be able to use 32 gb or bigger cards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21