Samsung S4 mobile data switches off by itself

BigVog

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I have not found out how but it seems that after some inactivity, the mobile data switches off. This is quite irritating as I miss any IM's that may come through. I have no 3rd party power apps (juice defender) and I have switched off power saving. Can someone help?

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have not found out how but it seems that after some inactivity, the mobile data switches off. This is quite irritating as I miss any IM's that may come through. I have no 3rd party power apps (juice defender) and I have switched off power saving. Can someone help?
Does the mobile data just stop sending/receiving signal, or does it actually turn itself off? For example, if you go to Settings > Mobile data, does it say it's on or off?

BigVog

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
When I swipe down from top of the screen, the mobile data icon is turned off so I assume it is off. The tick box under Data usage (orange icon) is unticked. I have noticed that turning it back on, results in receiving whatsapp messages at that point in time

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Some power saving apps might do that, but you didn't mention any so I'm assuming you're not using one. The only time I've seen mobile data turn off on its own is when I have a weak signal and it gets too weak to maintain the data connection.

licythomas

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem using Samsung S4, the mobile data is still on in the setup page but the icon is definitely off so as the mobile data connection. I thought it was my service provider or signal strength. When I switched to my S4 mini, it is all fine. It is only the S4 giving me trouble.

Any suggestions?

Jonathan Bean

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with Galaxy S3 and now S5. It is driving me nuts! I have to turn it back on dozens of time a day if I want my messages!! HELP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol