s4 won't charge?!?!??'?@;"*?(-

arghhhh

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

my s4 is about 7 months old. And it wouldn't charge. I was out and my battery went flat (0%) so I came home and charge it. After 30 mins, I on it but the battery is at 0%. & I have no idea how I can on my phone with 0%

I tried restarting 5 times but it doesn't work. Sooooooooo frustrated!!!! :(

anyone knows what I can do? is there somthing wrong with my battery?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

my s4 is about 7 months old. And it wouldn't charge. I was out and my battery went flat (0%) so I came home and charge it. After 30 mins, I on it but the battery is at 0%. & I have no idea how I can on my phone with 0%

I tried restarting 5 times but it doesn't work. Sooooooooo frustrated!!!! :(

anyone knows what I can do? is there somthing wrong with my battery?

Does the indicator show it's charging but the battery % doesn't increase?

IdontSLEEP

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Does the indicator show it's charging but the battery % doesn't increase?
Mines is having that problem STSVA I even took it in to have the Charging port replaced and they charged it up and now it's doing it all over again. I have it in the charger right now and it indicates it's charging when the battery is still going down. What is the fix for this problem> If you know please tell me soon. I have S4 ATT

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mines is having that problem STSVA I even took it in to have the Charging port replaced and they charged it up and now it's doing it all over again. I have it in the charger right now and it indicates it's charging when the battery is still going down. What is the fix for this problem> If you know please tell me soon. I have S4 ATT

My best guess is that you need a new battery, but that's just a guess.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Bittertoe

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do not hard reset before you try this:
1. Remove battery
2. Place battery in refrigerator and leave it there till it cold to the touch.
3. Reinsert battery and close case FIRMLY.
4. Lay the phone flat on its back on a hard flat surface (like a counter top) and the Press HARD and straight down.
5. Place on charger and pray.
6. If a warning message comes up about inserting the charging cable firmly and in place or that the back should be fully snapped (especially below the flash) leave the charger connected and repeat step 4 until you hear it do its beep beep telling you its charging.
7. Keep in mind this will probably only work a short time. So shut down all unnecessary apps and functions. Then get your tail down to your service provider and tell them to fix it.

FYI... I am in the same boat. My S4 Active is only 4 mo old. I did a hard reset and it didn't do anything but screw my data. It all seems to be about, at least for mine, The Case vs. Heat vs. Current battery level when placed on a charger. For some reason it charged fine once it finally sat for 5 hrs to get it to 60%. After that I drove to work, put it on my charger and it worked fine. Then after using my phone and the battery dropped to <50% I couldn't get it to charge again. So I surmise the lower the existing charge the harder to give it a charge. As for the heat issue... the refer trick work enough to start her up again but now my s4 active is currently at 19% and wrapped in ice packs so I can get a charge on it. Plus I have to do the step 4 trick repeatedly.... I'm starting to actually miss my iPhone. I'm getting a Google Nexus. Anyone want to buy a Samsung S4 Active? LOL.

You can bet AT&T and/or Samsung will be feeling my wrath tomorrow.

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my s4 active among many other issues. Ive given this whole android thing a valiant effort but I can honestly say now I know why apple is the king of smart phones. Samsung and Android with all its flash don't compare IMHO.

Im going back to the iPhone.

Harry Song

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: s4 won't charge?!?!??'?@;"*�(-

OMG
DO NOT put the battery inside the refrigerator..
It will cause the battery to degrade and sometimes the battery would not even charge at all..
Yeah and you should have read on the battery that has a little icon that represents DO NOT EXERT PRESSURE :p

erinxia

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my s4 active among many other issues. Ive given this whole android thing a valiant effort but I can honestly say now I know why apple is the king of smart phones. Samsung and Android with all its flash don't compare IMHO.

Im going back to the iPhone.

Considering it as well or possibly switching to LG

Anuj Tuladhar

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Same thing is happening with my Galaxy S4 too!
Plugged in Shows the battery charge icon but the bar wont increase!
wont charge even if I turn off!
not readable even if I plug in my PC only says USB is not recognized!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21